Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpion Valley Thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 12:59 pm

Hi Ishie,
OK matey, further to my PM I combined the SRTM Data and the Google Data ready to load into 2006.

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 Alps%20Valley

Couple of things you will need to know, and get back to me so I can proceed.
As you can see I have included the whole valley. To use this in 2006 it will be about 31 Baseboards, more or less in a straight line; but doing it this way it might crop out the valley sides. What I would like to do is double, or treble the baseboards so the valley is centre to the route, This will mean 62 or more Baseboards, depending on how they lay in 06. The max would be 93, but I very much doubt it will be this large.

Also: To filter the cropping, it would be easier for me to lay a dummy track in Transdem, and set the filter to one board each side of that track. Once the export into 06 is complete I can erase the track.

Finally, The georeferenced raster maps (in this case 'Google Earth' ) has by default, a very limited palette. Also the auto terrain painting technique is set on ground textures resolution set by 06 or 04, this only gives a resolution of 1 pixel per 10 m. In short the texturing will take a lot of 'Touching Up' if its going to look respectable. As its going to be on the DS, I will do this from my end.

That's about it, its almost ready to go. My only concern is if you are limited in any way by the size. You still have the ability to crop what you don't need from your end, as long as you have the memory to cope it shouldn't be a problem.
Just waiting for your reply
Cheers
Pete.
PS:::: Don't take any notice of the headings on the Transdem board shown:: Alps_T and IshValley. These are only for my reference to save me mixing up with my Dem maps. The lake shown lower left, can be filled in and re-textured by you. I'll leave it in in-case other users want to use it. Cheers Again.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 1:54 pm

Hi Pete,

I've replied to your PM ... Hope you got it since, either me or the site wasn't working.

My Desert layout is big, but it's also far from done. So, if Scorpion Ruins (new title) is 33 boards big then I'll just delete 33 boards from my route, since there's more than blank 33 boards anyhow.

Pete, be as creative as you like. I'll make any modification necessary. Honestly, I am just going to paint the boards desert sand textures, etc and that might be the only modification I am going to do to the terrain.

As I have said before this will be a stand alone route that will be upload.

I have made the mineral rock textures and loads, specifically for this route. I've also working on a Oil, Gas, Diesel Fuel, and Water storage facility, as you may have seen on this forum. I am changed the title from Oil field to reflect the categories mentioned. Will display a screen shot of it on this thread since it will be for this route. Additionally, I got other goodies (gmax items) that I have worked on that will fit perfect into Scorpion Ruins. Please note, that when you save this version which we are working on together to call it Scorpion Ruins. And if the cdp does not go through yahoo mail due that it's too large please let me know ... I'll send a couple of links where you can upload and I can download.

Well, my dear friend, it looks good ...
After I finish the route then we can start doing sessions, and then post at Auran forum links to this thread so people can take a peak !!! santa
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Update.   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 12:59 pm

Hi Ish;
A little update.
I've now successfully loaded all the files into 2006. Photo's below.
I have some work to do on the texturing as you can see. With Transdem its hit or miss, sometimes they're perfect other times rather blotchy.

I have also included a 2D map from 06. The valley was a bit wider than I first thought so I've loaded extra boards. You will have plenty of work-space to construct whatever you like Smile .
When you have finished you can simply delete what isn't needed.

Just followed your link to Auran, looks good Ish.

Oh; I had to change the name again, this was due to a character limit in Transdems file-name. Totally forgot about that.
I've called it 'AlpinePass', as they're listed alphabetically it will be easier to find anyway.

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 2006Valley

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 TrainzMap

OK good buddy, I'll work on the texturing tonight. Tomorrow I'll have to take time-out, falling behind with the dolls house. Still, due to local by-laws I cant work on that late (noise levels) and as I use a lot of power tools, routers Etc; it gets rather noisy. so as soon as the clock tells me to stop I can fall back on the texturing.
Hopefully it will be uploaded by the week-end. Then its up to our friends at Auran.
Anyway we're getting there.
Enjoy when it arrives
Cheers
Pete
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 1:09 pm

Outstanding Pete.

I am going to send you a link so you can upload the route -- If I wait until Auran decides to upload to their servers you'll be 200 years old and me 174 years old.

Just let me know when you are ready ... Looks awesome ... There's a rule at the DLS which will tell you how many boards, etc etc ... in case you wish to use that. No matter how big it is I' ll just delete boards from my desert route, as I've told you before.

Quick question.
Let's put aside your version, can our version "scorpion ruins" be textured another color? I know your version will be all green. But since I am going to texture desert sand, perhaps you can do that for me and save me the time ... ONLY if it could be done, without taking much time from you. Please let me know, and thank you sir!!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 1:41 pm

Hi Ish,
Consider it done. What type of sand would you like, light or dark colour. Rocky or smooth.
If possible, can you send me a small example (photo) via this thread, and I will take it from there.
If you don't mind, I will leave the lake in, you can always use 'Surveyor' to fill it in. I will texture the lake bed the same sandy texture so it will only be a case of removing the water and raising the lake bed. Its only a small area.
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 1:48 pm

Hello Pete,

Since I am working on the laptop, and I'm not on the desktop, I'll send you a link to the Desert Sand I am using later today. It could be found at the DLS, however, but I am not sure which one it is, until I check. So, my dear friend, I'll check later and post that link here.

Thanks a lot!!
Ishie
cheers
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 10:10 am

Hello Pete, sir

This is the texture I have been using for my Desert Route!!

Desert Dirt
http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=39371

Thanks
Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 2:38 pm

Hi Ish,
See PM
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 3:14 pm

scorpio48 wrote:
Hi Ish,
See PM
Cheers
Pete.

Hello Pete,

Yes, sir ...
I just missed you on chat ... Sorry had to go like that ... it was time for my little baby girl to get feed. Normally I am lo on during the whole day from 9am up to 5pm (dinner time) ... so hopefully I'll catch you tomorrow and we can talk further, etc ..

Talk care sir, thanks a bunch ....
BTW. Hope your son is in good spirits considering where he's act and make he get home safe home to his family!!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 7:18 pm

Hi Ish.

What do you think so far?
This is the lake end, you can remove the lake, or use it as a water supply for your tanks.
This is the South of the valley, the North end is many KM's away.
I've taken out all the greenery so it will blend in with the sand.
I've textured the hills and mountains slightly darker, and the tallest mountains (there are quite a few) are snow capped, If you wish you can texture this out, the hill/mountain texture used is a 2006 default texture. I still have many KM's to cover, so I'll probably take a little while, I combining this with the dolls house, time wise.

There are many nooks and cranny's for you to explore, you'll probably get lost at first, I do and I bloody built the thing Laughing Laughing .

There are a few small valleys shooting off the main one, which I've included.
I won't be on line much over the next week or so, as I want to finish the dolls house and the valley, but I will look in with future developments. If you need me drop me a PM, it will come up in my e-mail notification.

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 Valley%20Update

Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 7:39 pm

WOW Superbly done ... I love it ... I won't change a thing to it. cheers

In fact, Pete, I think you should also upload it as "Scorpion Ruins (No scenery)", and do not forget to copy and paste this thread onto the cpd window in case people download it and would like to know more about it. (Just a suggestion)!! And don't forget to add a tag line in the config file, so that when people use it and rename it to give you credit for it!

In many ways, is like having two different routes: Scorpion ruins (Or whatever title you wish to give it) and Italian Alps Slopes! Actually, come to think of it, whenever time permits use the same layout but cover it all in snow, LOL ... These are just suggestions, my dear! Basketball

Then my version I call it Scorpion Ruins - Mineral Rock Section.

Sir, finish the Doll house, and put this project aside for now. No rush from my end, ever. You and I, I feel will have a long and fruitful relation. I know Smileyman now almost 6 years, via Internet, etc! I know how important those Dolls houses are for the small ones. I wish I live near you. you and I would have drove down to the lumber yard, and I would bu the lumber so you can build our little one here a dollhouse! santa

Thank you for everything. I know I won't bother you with PM's ... I'll wait here until you get back to me, sir.

BTW Post a screen shot of that Doll house when you are done with it!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 7:58 pm

Hi Ish,
Glad you like it.
I have a few ideas, they come to me as I go along, texture blending is a problem (always has been), but with 2009 it looks like this problem has been solved. Just waiting for my DVD version to be delivered and for geophil (Roland) to finish his 09 version of Transdem.

Well its now 2:55 am (UK Time) so its time to take the dogs out for their final run and then hit the sack. Busy day tomorrow.
Goodnight my friend
Pete.
BTW:: Looking forward to a long and fruitful friendship.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:04 pm

Hi Pete,

Glad is not the word, my dearest friend ... You have really done a superb job, and thank you for it. I am going to make many new items in gmax as I go along with the route. I always use this thread to post the screen shot of each development point. After all that is done then we can begin making sessions for the route, using the HTML browser as well!

Also, I would like to thank Smileyman for allowing us to progress this far. Although the route will be at the DLS, as well as the session, this site, forum will be the route/session information center.

Have a great walk with the doggies .... (Do I missed my little doggie) ... anyway, you, sir have a pleasant good night.

Thank you sunny cheers santa
Ishie
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 9:13 pm

For our route:

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 Gondola

Ishie cheers Good night all - bedtime! jocolor
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:39 am

I wanted to tell you fellas your doing a great job, it all looks great!

@Ish, nice mineral rock texture, will look awesome in the hoppers!

Cheers,

Lorin
bounce
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:28 am

Hi Ish, Lorin,

Taking a short, time out waiting for glue to dry.

Quote From Ish: I am going to make many new items in gmax as I go along with the route.

How are you with Blender my friend. I've had a bash at it, but find it strange after all this time with Gmax. Still I suppose we'll have to get use to it for 2009, which I'm looking forward to.

Unfortunately, I cant afford the payware versions, unless I sell my (two) computers Laughing Laughing .
Oh well, time for a cuppa, and then back to the workshop. A converted bedroom, no longer used as such. Smile

Nice Mineral Face Ish.

Try to catch you all later
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 6:01 am

lornyk5 wrote:
I wanted to tell you fellas your doing a great job, it all looks great!

@Ish, nice mineral rock texture, will look awesome in the hoppers!

Cheers,

Lorin
bounce

Hi Lorin,

Thank you sir for the kind words ...

I thought about you on this route --I'll crate a 1800era town ... it'll be abandon, but it will serve a reminder of the old time miners LOL

Ishie santa
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 6:05 am

scorpio48 wrote:
Hi Ish, Lorin,

Taking a short, time out waiting for glue to dry.

Quote From Ish: I am going to make many new items in gmax as I go along with the route.

How are you with Blender my friend. I've had a bash at it, but find it strange after all this time with Gmax. Still I suppose we'll have to get use to it for 2009, which I'm looking forward to.

Unfortunately, I cant afford the payware versions, unless I sell my (two) computers Laughing Laughing .
Oh well, time for a cuppa, and then back to the workshop. A converted bedroom, no longer used as such. Smile

Nice Mineral Face Ish.

Try to catch you all later
Pete.

Hello Pete,

Never use it... although I have 3dmax, I have always stick with gmax since I am so in tuned with it. Actually, it seems that if one what to make detailed items for TRS09, then use other more powerful programs for those technique. However, it seems that stuff made in gmax will work in TRS09.

Since I create simple items, cheap versions Very Happy LOL ... (consider me your 99 cent store), I have not really gone further and learned 3dmax....

Ishie
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:08 pm

Hello Pete,

Just finished the mineral rock texture and now I am making them into products to load and unload ... after that will do the hoppers using paint shed, etc ... in a few hour will post screenies for everything !! sunny

Ishie
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 6:16 pm

Hello Pete (Guys)

All oft he textures are done for ground coloring -- These are mineral rock. Also, the load and unload is almost there ... screen shots below:

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 KupferMineralRockProduct-1

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 KupferMineralRockProductonme

As you saw rolling stock and loco done as well ... cheers

Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 6:28 pm

Absolutely brilliant Ish,

I'll put a few more updates in tomorrow evening, as I said in my last post, I'm going to pop into Auran, to see whats new and then I'm going to spend a few more hours on the Valley.
In my next photograph, I'm going to include a temporary rail-track, just to give you a feel of the scale.
Cheers
Pete
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 6:34 pm

scorpio48 wrote:
Absolutely brilliant Ish,

I'll put a few more updates in tomorrow evening, as I said in my last post, I'm going to pop into Auran, to see whats new and then I'm going to spend a few more hours on the Valley.
In my next photograph, I'm going to include a temporary rail-track, just to give you a feel of the scale.
Cheers
Pete

Thanks, glad you like what you see...

Sure, include anything you would like it to have ... I won't delete anything .... I may incorporate stuff around, whatever you may add!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 9:41 pm

Wow those textures are wonderful, I also like the rolling stock. sunny

@Pete, the texturing and blending is superb on that pic you posted!

@Ish, an abandon mining town would be cool, and add some historical qualities to the area, thanks for thinking of me on that one.

Keep up the good work my friends,

Lorin Basketball
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 6:00 am

lornyk5 wrote:
Wow those textures are wonderful, I also like the rolling stock. sunny

@Pete, the texturing and blending is superb on that pic you posted!

@Ish, an abandon mining town would be cool, and add some historical qualities to the area, thanks for thinking of me on that one.

Keep up the good work my friends,

Lorin Basketball

Hi Lorin

Sure will buddy!!! Basketball

Ishie
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:45 pm

Hello Pete (Guyz)

Done ...

You should have the cpd in your mail box for testing, etc!!!

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 2 MINERALDONE

the names of the mineral rocks
Kupfer Mineral Rock
Leucite Mineral Rock
Porphyroblast Mineral
Pumnita Mineral Rock
Pyrite Mineral Rock
Realgar Mineral Rock
Serpentine Mineral Rock

Ishie santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content