Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpion Valley Thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi Ishie, Lorin,
Glad you received your 09's.
When you guys can break away from it for a while,, Very Happy Very Happy You have Mail.
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 4:23 pm

Hi Guys,
Just a quick update,
Further to our e-mail conversations, to explain things a little better, I have included the following screenshot.
The map on the left is the finished map, the highlighted part is the actual Georeferenced map. The map on the left is an enlargement of the small headland shown on the finished map (Arrowed). The enlargement itself is 3 baseboards long and two baseboards high (6 baseboards) and I have outlined one full baseboard in red.
As you can see, the finished map is huge, and even with the initial cropping I intend to do, it will still leave an immense area to build on.
I can see the finished map, in the shape of an upside down 'T', leaving the flat lowlands for major development and the original Vally for several industries, a few small towns/Villages, mines and anything else you may desire. Don't forget, the main width of the valley is 4 baseboards wide. Without the surrounding mountains.
What I intend to do, when the next stage is over, (transfer into 09 and texturing,) and before I upload it to you guys, is upload another screenshot with arrows pointing to various locations on the map for suggestions of where will fit where. IE:: Flat Terrain for Airport Here. Etc:
I will also construct the main line (on Ishie's suggestion) linking the main points so you can both link up to this, using your own industry, City, track Etc, from wherever you are on the map. This way, we can all use the track of our own choosing, because, like in real life, a main-line is always slightly different to other lines (By lines I mean Tracks).

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 Scorpruins

Catch you later
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 6:49 pm

Hi Pete, Lorin ...

E-mail's received and replied ... Very Happy

Pete, now that I have TRS09, what's the name of the track that you wanted me to look at!? bounce

Thanks
Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 8:41 pm

Ishie wrote:
Hi Pete, Lorin ...

E-mail's received and replied ... Very Happy

Pete, now that I have TRS09, what's the name of the track that you wanted me to look at!? bounce

Thanks
Ishie

Hi Ishie, Lorin
Its the new default Auran track in 09. At least it was there in the Beta version, I haven't checked it out in the boxed version. If we're going to follow your suggestion, I don't think it will matter what track we use. Main Lines (track) are usually slightly different to branch lines, yards, sidings Etc, as long as we can blend in the different types of track (and there are short blending link tracks on the DS) it will make the project more realistic.
One question that haven't been answered (at least, I don't think so). On a double track, what side do you and Lorin want the Loco's, trains to run. In the UK its normally the left track, but I'm not sure about the States or Canada. Its so I can place track direction markers, Signals Etc on the main line when I'm ready.
Hopefully, If a plan I'm currently working on comes together you and Lorin will have your Map/Terrain/Scorpion Ruins, in the next day or so. I'll drop you both an e-mail when I've worked out the details
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 11:56 pm

Hi Pete, Lorin

Lorin pointed out the track ... it looks cool!! cheers

Also, Pete, if you can keep of rel event information about the creations of this route so we can create a nice story and paste it with th cdp and sessions, an descriptions since TR09 allows us to create our galleries and storytelling we can use that on how all this began....

What do you think guys!!?

Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 6:40 am

Hi Guys,

Good idea Ishie. If its OK with you and Lorin, I'll nominate you as our 'Publicity Manager', I know we agreed no titles, but if we all start making post Etc in the Gallery. I can soon see duplicate entries Etc. So this is slightly different and to our advantage as a team.

What I can do to help, as well as placing the odd screenshot here, I'll start a new Album, called TS09: and use that for all screenshot developments. When I've done that I'll give the both of you the access code Etc so you can view it at your pleasure. If Its an important screenshot, I'll either post it here, or send you one of those notifications. We can all then decide what shots are entered, including the shots you guys post here.
As for written info: I think here is the best place.

OK Guys: That's just my addition to Ishie's suggestion. as I said, a good idea.
Back to the project,
Catch you later
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 7:15 am

Hi Pete, Lorin.

Actually, if you agree Pete, I think you could do a be better job then me, since your grammer is much better than my own. What we could do when the time comes is we can draft out any thing deem necessary and send it you to for editing, and that that's posted in the TRS09...

Also, when the route and at least a couple of sessions are done anyone of us can start a thread at Auran specifically about the route and add links to this thread, etc.

Also, when the time comes we can take screen shost and all three of us can decided which should be uploaded to TRS09.

Well, guys let me know.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 10:47 am

Hi Gents,

If you two agree, Pete does have the best grammar between the 3, so that being said how about Ish, works on the PR stuff and like suggested send it to Pete for editing, then between the two of you decide who makes any announcements, how's that sound?

Either one of you can do it or if you wish Pete my good man, pass it back to Ish to copy and paste as he see's fit (hope I'm making sense here)LOL

Good idea on the screenshots of development too, a universal album, pick the best shot together for public view and save the rest for our private viewing!

Got more snow last night, need some hot soup,

Lorin
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi Guys
Thanks for the compliments Laughing .
Whatever you guys decide is OK by me.

Having a little problem at the moment with our project. I need to read up something on Auran's Forum concerning Transdem. Geophil's thread, but I cant get access to any of the Auran pages. Its gone! Hope its only a temporary hitch.
I have just made a custom pallet with the main textures from Google Earth, but looking through the manual it don't say how to implement it into 06 (09 will probably be the same, but there's no mention of 09 in the documentation:: Yet).
Its to do with the textures again; if I can spend a day or two getting it right it could save a week or so of boring, repetitive work. LOL. I also need to download a template for the track spacings you gave me. I only have a 3.5 template (Didn't download the kit)
Its holding me up slightly, but in the meantime I'll make some extra tiles in Transdem as it will give me a better, more accurate, idea of where to run the main-line (Track).Catch you both later
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 10:41 pm

Hi Guyz,

Pete, must have been a glitch since I checked a while ago and the thread opened.

All sounds that's on the right track... not much to day. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the terrain.

Also, when it comes to adding stuff on the layout let's strategically think where things should go, for example, a Milk factory ... should it be within city limits or should it be handle by small town or communiyt...

In my desert layout cities, towns, and counties are constructed differently. At a later time I type it up for you guys and send it via e-mail so you guys can have a idea what I mean, plus perhaps you can give you ideas, etc of your own. Please note, everything I suggest is always open for interpretation.

Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 12:59 am

Hi Guys,
I didn't realise the time until I stopped to check my e-mail. 6:38 am.
Still; I done well today (Even if I say-so myself Laughing ). Sorry Guys, call it cooks privilege if you like. I've chosen a spot for my City, Coastal of course being an X-Sailor Smile . Its very close to the Eastern side of the map, an ideal spot to start our journey from. I've decided to call it 'Peterville'.
What you can do, I have given you both a few coordinates from Google Earth, and if you have visited the site you should have a rough idea of our layout. IE: Lake Lorin to the Top of the Valley is the original (Old) map, suitable for small and medium size towns and most industries. Further South, roughly between the Airport and the Eastern Edge of the large lake is a vast area suitable for several large towns or cities. If you would like to select an area to build your own City and send me the coordinates, I will make sure that the main line (Track) runs into that area. From roughly, the Airport Coordinates you can travel up-to four baseboards (4Km's) South and as far East as you want, up to an imaginary lineup with the large lake (not Lake Lorin).
From the Terminal Station, I propose to have two main-lines, both double tracked. One running East to West and linking the Cities, Airport, and Seaport. The other running South to North, going through the pass and linking whatever ends up in our Vally. I might also use a loop-line to link the East-West track, and North-South Track. This is so goods trains can bypass City stations.
Don't worry if you pick the wrong coordinates, due to terrain, another obstacle, or the location not being on our map. I will pick the nearest suitable spot to it. Probably be within a KM or two from your original choice. Once those spots are marked I can leave them for your own development.
Ishie:::::::::: I think the issue raised by you would depend on the individual person building that town/city. IE: If there's a farming community to the North of the valley, and Lorin or yourself builds the closest town, then I think that the Dairy (UK term for Milk Factory) should go into that town. The milk could then be transferred to the Cities by Train.
Similar, As my city is on the Coast, I could build a Container Port, So containers could be off-loaded from Container Ships onto Trains for delivery to anywhere on the map.
Your Mines could deliver ore to the Seaport, Airport or a Steelworks if one of us builds one near a Town/City.
A totally, interactive map. I am sort-of basing this on an other Sim I have, Sim City 4, with the Sim-City 4 Rush hour expansion pack. Where you can build any number of interactive scenarios. Of course, its not as good as Trainz.
Anyway, like you said, these are only suggestions put to the board so-to-speak.
Looking at the basic map (there's still plenty of work to be done) I can see many scenarios growing from it, it should keep us busy for years to come, and that's without adding anymore extensions, which is why its best not to be too heavy handed with the initial cropping. As long as it loads and runs smoothly, there should be no problem. We can start cropping only if running/loading problems occur. As its for 09, it will only be used on high-end machines anyway.
Oh well, I had better put the kettle on, Kay will be getting up shortly. Boy! she's not going to be happy Laughing Laughing . As for me its time for Sleep .
OH ! It was a glitch with Auran, got through in the end, although I couldn't find what I was looking for. Anyway, I dropped an e-mail to Roland. I have done something similar before, but I forgot what I did. Old Age LOL.
OK Guys
Looking forward to your views
Cheers
Pete.
BTW: I hope I don't sound as if I'm taking over this project. If I do I apologize. Your turn will come as soon as I sort the basics out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 2:02 am

Hi Pete, Lorin.

Sir Pete, this is not my project anymore, this is OUR project, all 3 of us. And it's becoming very enjoyable and excited to be taking about it. It's like we are giving birth to a route, well, actually we are!! cheers

Here's a suggestion ... we don't want to copy ourselves or have duplicated goods and services spread across the route. What I mean is this: Pete, you have been in the navy, your city should be the main seaport, if Lorin agreed with me here. I could have a small seaport in my city, but your city should be the main course, LOL ...At your seaport we can find containers, warships (as showboating), luxury liners, etc ... having it like this can limit how things are done, session-wise, in the layout. We don't want it to be easy for trainz to get to one place to the other, without obstacles in the middle. My small seaport can handle only fisting -- all sorts of fishing. Vulcan and few others have created many of these type of fishing boats... so a session example: Pete's city, which is home to battleships and cruise ships need a few tons of fish transported from Ishtroplis...so, so I would have to travel through the busy terminal in my city, across barren land, and through you city. etc I hope the above made sens to you guys... Very Happy

Also, Pete, if you have scanner on home, draw on a piece of paper what type of sea dock you would like to have ... this goes for Lorin's as well... I will make your own customer made docks, with cranes, warehouses, enough space to place as many ships that you like Guyz. study

On the layout, I rather wait to pick the spot ... Pete, use the tower marker as bookmark suitable for building on that spot.. Lorin can have choice ... then that same park is send t me to select my point.
When we start it's important the map is very stable and that we make back up ... because we will lobe sending each other the map to see what has been done, it will over the old copy ... the same kuids must always be kept, when this time comes... Very Happy

Also, I have not been a fan of using portals, but if you guys want to use them let just plug them in from the start. It's not my cup of tea guyz, so whoever wants to set them up, just let me know.

Also, thinking about the milk/diary farm, etc ... what would you guys like to see? In my desert layout I have cover a lot of this ... I'll drop you guys an e-mail about, these ideas I prefer to keep to us.

So far when do we stand...
USA signals
I will creating the speed signs
WHAT TYPE of junction should we use guys? I suggest we select one for general purposes and one for yards .. what do you guys think?

ALSO, Pete, an idea just drop off my head ... i will e-mail you both about it...

Got more to type up but I must go in 5min ... 4am and leaving to the gym at 430am

Ishie

PS. We need to add roads as well ... I have not looked at the roads in TRS09 yet, so that should be fun!
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 12:03 pm

Hi Ishie, Lorin,

I still have a bit of a dilemma with the default texturing. From what I can see, I have two choices. I can either start 'Hand Textures', but the thought of doing this with all those baseboards is daunting to say the least, or I can wait for a reply to the e-mail I sent Geophil, to see if I can load the Textures from Google Earth into 09. I have done it with 06 but I cant get the 09 version quite right. As soon as I work the textures out (If its possible at the moment), I will upload it to you guys and you will have to include it into your 09 before you load the route. If you guys come across some info during your forum travels, I'll be grateful for a link.

Ishie ::::::::: There's one thing I've been meaning to ask you but keep forgetting. 'Ruins' in the UK usually mean derelict buildings or the remains of an old Castle, Monastery Etc. So by the title of our route I'm assuming that something similar to this will be placed in our Vally. Unless 'Ruins' have a different meaning all-together in the USA.
Definition for ruin

• - broken remains: the physical remains of something such as a building or city that has decayed or been destroyed

• - complete devastation: a state of complete destruction, decay, collapse, or loss
    </LI>

• - complete failure: complete moral, social, or economic failure

Just a thought.

OK guys, I'm going to try a few other ideas with the default texturing. Catch you later
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 10:58 pm

Hi Guyz,

Pete, I mean, seriously, texturing all those bads might not be a good idea, dear friend. I say, wait for Roland or figure something out .... It's just too much of a huge job for anyone, sir. Like I have been saying, no rush here!

Ruins dictionary here sir:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ruins

The word Derelict means abandon, so it's similar to what Ruins means in USA version.

What do you guys think about that idea I e-emailed you guys, about a UK section to the route ...?

Ishie
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 11:10 pm

Ishie wrote:
Hi Guyz,

Pete, I mean, seriously, texturing all those bads might not be a good idea, dear friend. I say, wait for Roland or figure something out .... It's just too much of a huge job for anyone, sir. Like I have been saying, no rush here!

Ruins dictionary here sir:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ruins

The word Derelict means abandon, so it's similar to what Ruins means in USA version.

What do you guys think about that idea I e-emailed you guys, about a UK section to the route ...?

Ishie

I have to agree with Ish, that sounds like a real handful to do all that yourself, is there any other option Pete?

@Both, you have mail! study

Lorin
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 2:18 am

Pete, Lorin, gentlemen, you guys at Mail!!! sunny

Pete, if we agreed on the contents of the e-mail it means the route might be structure differently now!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi Guys,
This is a screenshot directly out of 09. As you can see, the default texturing is terrible.
I haven't even got those colours in the original map.

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 Textures

Mind you. It could be a virus. I mean. Look what its done to my mouse;; Laughing Laughing

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 Mouse

Cheers
Pete
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi guyz,

Yeah, I siee ...

Also, that's so funny Pete!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 9:30 pm

Nice mouse!!!!

Lorin lol!
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:14 pm

That's a mouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????? lol! lol!

It fool me!!!

Now, that's really funny!!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 6:41 am

Hello Everyone,

Our current project it has taken a new twist. No long named Scorpion ruins, this new but the same concept will come with interesting regions to explore. More details as we continue forward with A.C.W. Rails. Very Happy Basketball

Ishie santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scorpion Valley Thread
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7