Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Attempting to make horn sound assets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
great_lakes
Lodger
great_lakes

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Attempting to make horn sound assets Empty
PostSubject: Attempting to make horn sound assets   Attempting to make horn sound assets EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 2:27 pm

I have decided to attempt to make horn assets using Audicity. I figured out how to more or less work the program and what I need to do thanks to USLW.net's forum on horn making.

If all things go well, I will be producing the following...

CSX SD40-2 horn

VIA P42 horn and bell

VIA F40PH horn and bell

CSX AC6000CW horn

NS C40-9W horn

CN SD75I horn (2 versions)

CSX SD70MAC horn

I will get more detail on the horn including the locomotive number which I base it on.

Likely I will be doing more however, I will be concentrating on trying to do that before I can do more-lol. I am currently working on the CSX SD40-2 horn which I have not really found on the DLS station at least the one I like or sound prototypical.

Best Regards,
Andrew
Back to top Go down
great_lakes
Lodger
great_lakes

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to make horn sound assets   Attempting to make horn sound assets EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Well....Good news Very Happy

I figured out how to do the asset and config file for it and actually was able to stick it into a locomotive and hear it. The only thing I need to do is trim some of the bell and horn loop because it doesn't loop all that well at the moment; as well as I need to make the horn louder and then, I will be able to release a home made asset under my own KUID-lol.

Best Regards,
Andrew
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to make horn sound assets   Attempting to make horn sound assets EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Excellent Andrew!! Basketball
Ishie
Back to top Go down
great_lakes
Lodger
great_lakes

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to make horn sound assets   Attempting to make horn sound assets EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 9:29 am

grrrrr-I can't get the horn to work properly-I press the horn button and it blows long instead of short when I press it short-I can't figure out how to make the horn controllable by the button. I am going to have to inquire on the Trainz forum I believe.
Back to top Go down
great_lakes
Lodger
great_lakes

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to make horn sound assets   Attempting to make horn sound assets EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 7:48 am

I got the help needed to script it in the 2 part format so that is a big road block out of the way especially for future projects.

My next hurdle is that I need to make the horn sound louder than the engine sound and I am currently seeking help from that.

After that, I am going to tweak the bell so it is more pleasing to picky people like me, and then I will release it as a CSX SD40 K5LA horn.

I will update soon.
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to make horn sound assets   Attempting to make horn sound assets EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 8:29 am

I've been toying with the idea of making steam sounds, what you are doing is great, would it be possible for you to share what you have learnt in the form of a small tutorial on this thread for us study

I know I would sure appreciate it, and I bet I'm not the only member!

Keep up the good work,

Lorin bounce
Back to top Go down
great_lakes
Lodger
great_lakes

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to make horn sound assets   Attempting to make horn sound assets EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:28 am

I would be happy to. It will be later on as I want to make sure I am not giving out crappy info to people and making them frustrated. As soon as I get practical experience and guidance on the whole thing, I will definitely be happy to share my experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to make horn sound assets   Attempting to make horn sound assets Empty

Back to top Go down

Attempting to make horn sound assets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: