Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Everything about TRS09 Thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi!

Could anybody help me why I get this error message every time I try installing the patch?

Checking for available disk space for patching.
Insufficient disk space available for patching. Please ensure that at least 4096MB are available.
Patching aborted.

On every partition I have more than 10 GB free space available so I don't understand what is the problem. I also installed the game to a newly formatted partition (20GB) and then tried to patch it but it doesn't work!Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 Aconfsd

Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 9:20 pm

Ishie wrote:
Hi!

Could anybody help me why I get this error message every time I try installing the patch?

Checking for available disk space for patching.
Insufficient disk space available for patching. Please ensure that at least 4096MB are available.
Patching aborted.

On every partition I have more than 10 GB free space available so I don't understand what is the problem. I also installed the game to a newly formatted partition (20GB) and then tried to patch it but it doesn't work!Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 Aconfsd

Check in the 2009 part of the forums, I seen a couple threads on this Ish!

This was a known issue, something to do with the patcher I believe.....

Lorin
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: IT'S FIX BUT NOW TRAINZ CRASHES DUE TO DATABASE ISSUES   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 10:07 pm

Lorin pointed out a thread at Auran how to fix this ... A poster named Kevin gave these instruction. I rather elaborated in more detailed ... read below:

Sometimes I forget that the C likes to keep things in it's temp folder, etc...

I did it this way:

1. control panel
2. click on system
3. Advance tab
4. environment Variables
5. Look at User Variables for Ish (for my case)
6. I created a folder call temp on my other HD
7. Select the temp folder from the list and click Edit.
8. Type in the G:\Temp (this is my example I used)

close everything and it's done ... unpack will unpack...

normally this happens when the C is almost fulled like Kevin said -- need 4g or more.

Thanks to Kevin, and ...

Special thanks to Lorin for pointing the thread above out to me!! Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 Awave Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 Apoke

Ishie
Back to top Go down
kc2rxo
Team Member
Team Member
kc2rxo

Male Number of posts : 65
Humor : Always drive in reverse and you will never have a head on collision!
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 12:15 am

Good to hear Ishie that you go it running! Very Happy
I will remember that when I get mine (I ordered it Dec 24 so it should be here soon I hope bounce)

Cheers,
Adam What a Face
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 6:35 pm

Hi All,
I've just spent a few hours experimenting with my Graphic Card settings, to give me the best results for running 09.
I thought I would list them here as a guide. Please remember, this is only a guide as machines and GC's vary widely.
As a note I'm using an ATI Radeon Sapphire running at 256 MB's, but the settings may suit other cards and machines.
Also please remember, this is to get the best out of 09, and may need other settings for other programs you have on your machine.

• Standard Settings .................Custom.
  • Anti Aliasing..........................4X
  • Adoptive Anti Aliasing.............Performance
  • Anisotropic Filtering................8X
  • Catalyst AI.............................Advanced.
  • Mini-Map detail.......................Quality
  • Direct 3D Setting....................Support DXT Texture Formats.
  • Open GL Setting.....................Triple Buffering.
  • Video Presets..........................Standard
  • De-interlacing Mode..................Adaptive
  • ATI Overdrive...........................Set (NOTE::: To be used with caution, if in doubt leave this and the following settings at default).
  • Graphic Processor Status::::: Requested 587 MHz, Given 587 MHz. running at 64 degrees centigrade.
  • Graphic Memory Status:::::::: Requested 693 MHz, Given 693 MHz

As stated, this seems to give me the best results in 09, if I come across any problem I will post any changes here.
I must emphasise, these figures are meant for a guide only: As you all know, what is right for one machine could be completely different for another, so please use with caution and always make a note of your original settings so you can revert if needed to. Using default settings with any Graphic Card rarely gives the best result.
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
kc2rxo
Team Member
Team Member
kc2rxo

PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 6:47 pm

I just got TS2009!!

Intalled, updated, no content improted yet.
I'll give you my thoughts of it as soon as I look it over.

Cheers,
Adam What a Face
Back to top Go down
kc2rxo
Team Member
Team Member
kc2rxo

PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 3:06 pm

I live!!

Here is the story:

Install and update went fine. Opened 2009 and looking into a route, lot better graphics for the most part. What happened next proves it. My video card has been slowly failing and I hit a high poly area and it gave out (sigh). pale silent

I restarted my computer and discovered that I could no long connect to the internet for some stupid reason. Just 15 minutes ago I restarted the computer (like I did 50 times before) and poof it worked! For about 17 hours I had no internet on my computer. Mad

During all that I explored TS2009 some more. Track looks great so does the station. Tree...not so much. Locomotive looks cool, but on the realistic/prototypical spectrum I'm not satisfied.

Now for some general questions:

Where is the blasted 10-5 meter grid change thingy?
How do I import my old content? (TRS2006)
Do I need to know any thing really important before my adventure truely begins? rabbit

Cheers,
Adam What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 6:26 pm

You are one of the lucky ones ... rabbit

Play with it some more and let us know!!! Very Happy

As for the internet that was your ISP, most likely!! affraid

Ishie
Back to top Go down
kc2rxo
Team Member
Team Member
kc2rxo

PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 7:45 pm

Hey Ishie,

Been installing content since 6 PM EST. It's now 9:45 PM EST approx and not even halfway done. I'm dragging and dropping folders 100+ at a time into CM2, seems very stable so far.

Commiting is a little slower than TRS2006 but I dont mind.
It's the slow but safest way to do it. Until I am confident with CM2 then I will start using normal functions.

Just started a 3,000+ transfer from my local folder to CM2 just now. 1,500 takes about an hour or more. With nearly 19+ Gigs of content it will take a long time, and with school tomarrow I will spending the rest of my evening tomarrow transfer files.

Cheers,
Adam What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 8:30 pm

Why don't you just transfer a huge bulk and then go to sleep ... I didthat once ... you wake and it's done!! Basketball

Ishie
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 8:31 pm

Hey All,

What are your best setting for TRS09 ...?

Thanks
Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Ishie wrote:
Hey All,

What are your best setting for TRS09 ...?

Thanks
Ishie

Hi Ishie,
Check out my post on the previous page of this thread, you may have missed it as other newer entries were made; starting a new page., its the best graphic card settings I have found. If its 09 settings, I'm afraid I'm still experimenting. Although what I have now seems OK, I hope to do better. I'll get back to you when I'm finished.
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:36 am

Thanks Pete!!!
Will do!! Very Happy
Ishie
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 11:41 pm

Back to top Go down
kc2rxo
Team Member
Team Member
kc2rxo

PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:57 am

Hi everyone!
Sorry for the long absene, might be longer too, but I will get to that.

For the past week we have been fighting with HughesNet. The contract says we are gaurenteed 1 meg of speed, we never get that. In fact we are slower than dailup. My father is considering just getting rid of internet completly. Crying or Very sad

I have no time for TS2009 latley...but I am still bored out of my mind and told to stay away from the computer. So I just stole my moms while dad is gone to work. I might b gone a long time, but will hopefully be back soon.

I will update you on TS2009 as soon as I get back, and get a new graphics card, see you all sometime later!

Cheers,
Adam What a Face
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 12:28 pm

kc2rxo wrote:
Hi everyone!
Sorry for the long absene, might be longer too, but I will get to that.

For the past week we have been fighting with HughesNet. The contract says we are gaurenteed 1 meg of speed, we never get that. In fact we are slower than dailup. My father is considering just getting rid of internet completly. Crying or Very sad

I have no time for TS2009 latley...but I am still bored out of my mind and told to stay away from the computer. So I just stole my moms while dad is gone to work. I might b gone a long time, but will hopefully be back soon.

I will update you on TS2009 as soon as I get back, and get a new graphics card, see you all sometime later!

Cheers,
Adam What a Face

Hope it all works out in the end Adam, keep us posted!

Good luck,

Lorin Basketball
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 7:45 pm

Hope things work out for the best Adam!!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 4:10 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything about TRS09 Thread   Everything about TRS09 Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Everything about TRS09 Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2