Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting To know You.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Getting To know You. Empty
PostSubject: Getting To know You.   Getting To know You. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:36 pm

Hi All,
Well its too late to work on the dolls house, and I'll be working on the route into the early hours so I thought I'd pop in here for a while.
I was thinking the other evening, the only difference between my physical mates and my on-line mates, is that they know a lot more about me. While I have dozens of acquaintances, I only regard 5 as true friends, you know the type, friends you can share things with and trust unconditionally. Of course I'm talking about physical friends.
I think all my on-line friends are here on this Forum, with one or two still with Auran and some acquaintances on other Forums.
Anyway, so you can get to know me a little better, I thought I'll share some details with you all.
As you already know, I'm 60 years old and my family always comes first, although I will always try to help out a friend whenever I can.
Apart from my obvious interest, Trainz, computers Etc. I also have a number of interest which I hold dear.
I enjoy rambling, either along the coast or the local woods, with my dogs. Sometimes the wife joins me, except for the woods, I usually end up off-trail. Smile
In the summer I enjoy boating, I'm the proud owner of a small (18 Foot) GRP sports cabin cruiser, and love going around the coast or up some river. It sleeps two comfortably, as soon as I grab my life jacket the dogs stand around wagging their tails. They have life-jackets as-well..
At the moment, I'm fitting a stronger stern, to take a bigger engine, not so much for power, but for cruising economy. As the boat is stored out-side I can only work on her during fine prolonged weather, so its now under wraps until about March.
I have been married for 39 years next May, but I have known Kay since I was 5 years old and she was just a baby. (Yep; Kay is 5 years younger than myself). Back then I couldn't stand her, its just like the words in that old song 'Happy Birthday sweet 16'

I'm not much of a TV person, but I do enjoy documentaries about our planet, wildlife, science, Etc. Saying that, I've just started to watch a new series called 'Fringe' which is scary but entertaining. Oh, I also like 'Spooks' an adventure/crime series about MI5.

I am interested in our environment, and feel quite concerned about the way things are going, its our children and grandchildren I think about. In my lifetime alone, I have witnessed sights that have left me in awe, yet, today those wonders are no longer around, except in old photographs.

I have an active interest in politics, but I wont go into that now.
About three years ago, I was sitting down the local pub, having a couple of drinks with a few friends, and suddenly I hit the floor. Heart Attack, after a bit of surgery they put some things right, although it has slowed me down a bit, well its suppose to slow me down Smile .

OK folks, I've bored you long enough, never know, someone might have a parallel life. Now that would be interesting Laughing Laughing Laughing .
Look after yourselves and your families
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Getting To know You.   Getting To know You. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:10 pm

deleted

Last edited by Ishie on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Getting To know You.   Getting To know You. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:11 pm

edit delete - duplicate post affraid

Last edited by Ishie on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Getting To know You.   Getting To know You. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:12 pm

Hello Pete,

I was born in Puerto Rico, but I was raised and educated in NYC. My parent moved there when I was 4 because I had cataracts, and back in those days the recommendation was to go to NYC for major surgery. Today I wear glass, but I do eat lots of carrots.

I graduated from college with a Public Administration degree in the mid nineties, but aside from that my true passion are movies. I am one of those that later in life realized that he should have gone to film school. However, I am a writer, writing a screenplay, so will see where it leads. Still, I can’t complaint since I met my wife in college in 1991. We got married in 1998, and of course, we are still together with a beautiful baby girl on board. Family is very important to me, since it’s your window to the future. That window are your children and later, for me, my grandchildren.

I enjoyed trainz very much because of all of the creative aspects it has. When I am not at home I am at the gym. I started at the age of 13, and I’ve never looked back. In the gym, is where I met my wife, countless of people, and a few dozen true friends! Mentally and physically it has kept me together. I, too have medication conditions. I got diabetics. Family trait since my dada passed away from diabetic last year, and my mother passed away this June from cancer. Both where 67 and 65 years old. Aside from these things I take it one day at a time. I never look towards the far future, but I do keep an eye in the pass, sometimes. Everyone has a story, and this is mine guys.

Ishie
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Getting To know You.   Getting To know You. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 10:10 pm

My turn, affraid

I'll try to keep this short, I was born and raised in Canada on a small farm, my dad owned a autobody shop and I grew up pretty much working on anything with 4 wheels, I'm somewhat of a backyard mechanic, I have built many large 4x4 trucks and sport cars.

I left school after grade 9 with social anxiety problems and OCD, I became a understudy for a local blacksmith and fixed cars on the side. After that I worked in a factory for 9 years driving lift trucks, loading rail cars, running machinery until finally my back could not take it any further.

I'm currently a stay at home dad on disability, between my back, ashma, and bad nerves I take about 15 pills a day including tylanol 3, morphine, and others, that's why sometimes you may see me online at odd hours as I sometimes can't sleep. I also had a mild heart attack last fall due too high blood pressure.

My wonderful wife's name is Deb and we have dated since she was 17, finally getting hitched 2 years ago, we have 2 little angels, Melanie 7 and Dana 3. They really are my reason to be on this earth(literally).

My family is important to me also, and my mother is a very smart gifted women that is also my teacher in life, she has instilled in me some good values, and you just remember those things and hope to pass them to your own children. We lost dad 3 years ago in a car wreck just up the road, in many ways I'm a carbon copy of him and although we fought allot I miss him dearly!

I visit many forums, but have I rarely come across a good bunch like you folks in a long time!

Regards,

Lorin
Smile

Last edited by lornyk5 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Getting To know You.   Getting To know You. EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 5:55 am

I must agreed with Lorin!!!! Sooooo True

I visit many forums, but have I rarely come across a good bunch like you folks in a long time!
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Getting To know You.   Getting To know You. EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 7:18 am

Hi All,

I also agree with Lorin, 150%.

visit many forums, but have I rarely come across a good bunch like you folks in a long time!

As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever belonged to such a Forum. I popped into Auran's Forum last night, I didn't realise I've been away from it for so long, at least, where entering post Etc; is concerned.

I do think the three of us in this thread should start a new Forum though. We could call it "The Get Well Soon Forum" lol! .

Although, reading your various post's, I know you are like me, never letting disabilities get in the way of enjoying life.

OK Guys, back to the DH. The glue should be dry now.
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Getting To know You.   Getting To know You. EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 12:30 pm

scorpio48 wrote:
Hi All,

I also agree with Lorin, 150%.

visit many forums, but have I rarely come across a good bunch like you folks in a long time!

As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever belonged to such a Forum. I popped into Auran's Forum last night, I didn't realise I've been away from it for so long, at least, where entering post Etc; is concerned.

I do think the three of us in this thread should start a new Forum though. We could call it "The Get Well Soon Forum" lol! .

Although, reading your various post's, I know you are like me, never letting disabilities get in the way of enjoying life.

OK Guys, back to the DH. The glue should be dry now.
Cheers
Pete.

lol! Get well soon forum!

Your correct Pete, not letting health get in the way, if we let things like that govern everything in our lives, would it be hardly work being here-->No

My family and hobbies make me feel alive as I'm sure you both would agree yourselves, and I refuse to let a few health problem steal me the pleasure of what I enjoy, nothing makes me more overjoyed then to see my kids faces and expressions when they see something for the first time, or a big steamer lays on the whistle and they jump back and giggle about it.

Now back to my coffee and off my podium!

Stay Warm,

Lorin

Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Getting To know You.   Getting To know You. EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 1:21 pm

Hi Pete, Lorin

In that prospective, we have found our home, here with Brian. Since only us three participant the most, this is OUR home now. I know Brian has been around since trainz began, so I know he's not going anywhere, so, as long as his doors are open, we do have our little corner here to express ourselves.

Also, having trainz in our life sometimes it helps escape for everyday life experience that are, at moments, painful. Except for our kids, which we all love and cherish, life sometimes kick kicks you hard!!

My 2 cents, guyz
Ishie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting To know You.   Getting To know You. Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting To know You.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Forums :: CAFE (off-topic)-
Jump to: