Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The History Channel Thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

The History Channel Thread Empty
PostSubject: The History Channel Thread   The History Channel Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 7:49 pm

Big fan of the history channel, so I am going to use this thread in case anyone wishes to discussion any interesting programs!!!

Ishie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel Thread   The History Channel Thread EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:43 pm

Ishie wrote:
Big fan of the history channel, so I am going to use this thread in case anyone wishes to discussion any interesting programs!!!

Ishie Very Happy

Hi Ish,
We have a few History channels, one is 'UK History' and the others are general History.
My preferences in channels are 'The discovery channels' Si-Fi, and 'The Science Channels'
Cheers
Pete
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel Thread   The History Channel Thread EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:17 pm

Same here Pete ....

I was watching Life after humans .... I think sometimes humanity ego is just to huge ... The announcers make it send like he Earth would just crumble without humanity. I am like, of course the animals and plant will survive ... they have been on Earth for 4 billion years....

Do you know that human have been around for 3 million years!!

Imagine how the Internet would have been like if we where living 3 million years fro now affraid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel Thread   The History Channel Thread EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:49 pm

Hi Ish.
The Internet in three million years, probably it will be run by apes, because the way our species is going, there won't be any of us left.
Do you know, I have often thought that if people like you, Lorin, Smiley, Adam and myself Etc,(in other words, the average JO Public) run this planet, there wouldn't be as many problems as there are today. Just think, we're all different Nationalities, possibly have different religions or beliefs, yet we all get on extremely well.
I've always maintained, give our politicians a linked computer with the latest war game installed, and let them battle it out. Winner takes all.
How's Bush with computers, I've heard Brown is hopeless lol! .

Now look what you've done Laughing Laughing Laughing , I'm on my soapbox again, I'll have to change my user-name "Soapbox Pete" Laughing Laughing

I'm going to make a nice cuppa, I'll check in before I log off, to carry on with the 'Valley'

Take care of yourself and your good family,
All the best
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel Thread   The History Channel Thread EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 6:05 pm

Hey Pete,

I'm too a big political follower, as you are Pete.

I think people sometime overacts to these topics but it's very important for people to be involve in the political arena, either voting or participating in some fashion. I voted against Bush twist. Horrible president, if you ask me.

You know the deal with that, but I guess it was just destiny for these things to happen. Have you ever watch Nostradamus and other other sighter's ...? Skeptic always have some excuse for their predictionS, but if one honestly look at the world around us everything that Nostradamus and others had said seem to be happening before our eyes.

*The History channel has like 3hours of Nostradamus the other day!! study

you're probably right about the apes .... Dogs and cats would be getting marrie as well!! affraid lol!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel Thread   The History Channel Thread EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 6:21 pm

Hi Buddy,
Well I've got my cuppa,
I watched that program about Nostradamus, it was a few weeks ago, they also covered the Mayan calender, stops dead in 2012.
Oh well, that's enough doom & gloom, Smile Smile , or everyone visiting this thread will be committing Harri Kari Smile .
I'm going to pop over to Auran's Forum, just to see whats new.
If I don't make it back here, I'll catch you tomorrow.
CU
All the best
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel Thread   The History Channel Thread EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 6:31 pm

scorpio48 wrote:
Hi Buddy,
Well I've got my cuppa,
I watched that program about Nostradamus, it was a few weeks ago, they also covered the Mayan calender, stops dead in 2012.
Oh well, that's enough doom & gloom, Smile Smile , or everyone visiting this thread will be committing Harri Kari Smile .
I'm going to pop over to Auran's Forum, just to see whats new.
If I don't make it back here, I'll catch you tomorrow.
CU
All the best
Pete.

Actually Pete, they're made a movie about the Mayan Calender and about the events of 2012 ... I posted the teaser a while back in the movie thread forum!!

Yeah, it must be late at your end of the world ... Good night, CU for sure!! Basketball
Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel Thread   The History Channel Thread EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 3:02 am

HI All,
Watching a program on the History channel early this morning called 'Sharp-Shooters'. Good documentary.
It covered people such as Anne Oakley (Think I spelt that right) and others from the Buffalo Bill show, up to modern day 'cowboys' and combat snipers.
If you haven't seen it, look out for it, quite entertaining. I would love to see what 'Anne' could do with a modern sniper weapon.
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel Thread   The History Channel Thread EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 6:39 am

Hey Pete,

I looked at a few episodes ... They have had a few on Iraq -- those are good to watch, since they talk about military strategy, etc!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel Thread   The History Channel Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The History Channel Thread
Page 1 of 1