Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sad News from the Front Line.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Sad News from the Front Line. Empty
PostSubject: Sad News from the Front Line.   Sad News from the Front Line. EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 6:55 am

Hi All,
I have some sad news to share with you. I don't know if this was showed on your news channels.
While 42 commando were taking a Taliban stronghold, two of Martin's mates were killed. One was alongside Martin when this happened. One also received minor injuries during the attack.
They did succeed in ousting the enemy, so we now have one more stronghold under our control.
Martin managed to telephone his mam and myself after the communications blackout was lifted (They do this so relatives can be informed of their sad loss through the correct military channels). He is well, although deeply upset, which is natural, especially as one of deceased had been a good buddy of Martin for years.
The squad is now on a 24 hour stand-down, to give them time to grieve their loss.

On issue has been raised through this further loss. Like our allies, our troops are getting burned out. It was only last year (up-to October) that some of 42 commando, including Martin were deployed in the Middle East, another Hot-Zone.
They are not given the chance to recover before they are deployed again.

I am not sure, but the lads KIA may be in the photographs I submitted in this Forum, When I find out for sure I will remove the said photo' for obvious reasons, hope you all understand.

I have also sent on the replies from my Auran Thread 'Worrying Times Ahead' to Martin and the lads of 42. The replies have been greatly appreciated by all the lads including their Commanding Officer.

I apologize for entering such a sad thread in the Forum, but each one of you, either directly or by PM, have asked me to keep you informed. I am eternally grateful that you all allow me to do this, it does help myself and Kay, to share the news, good or bad, with folks we consider as our extended family.

Thank you all.
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from the Front Line.   Sad News from the Front Line. EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 8:11 am

Hi Pete,

Sorry to hear that ... I sincerely hope your son get back safe, into the arms of his family! I know you guys are worrying about it everyday. Don't know what more to day!!!

BTW. I think this is the thread you are referring to:
https://firstclasstrainz.forumotion.com/cafe-off-topic-f8/proud-dad-t75.htm

God bless your son on his journey back home!,

Ishie
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from the Front Line.   Sad News from the Front Line. EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 8:17 am

Hi Pete,

So sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you and the families of the brave soldiers!

I have heard about the fact that the units are getting little breaks off and rest, in my opinion this is dangerous to there safety and well being, not to mention harder on the families!

Stay safe Martin,

Lorin
Back to top Go down
Smileyman
Admin
Admin
Smileyman

Male Number of posts : 116
Humor : Apparently :)
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from the Front Line.   Sad News from the Front Line. EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 9:00 am

Hi Pete.

That is sad news.
It's hard to understand what you must be going through right now.

Here's hoping that they'll all be allowed some leave soon, so they can spend some time with their families, and that you'll see Martin very soon.

All the best,
Brian.
Back to top Go down
https://firstclasstrainz.forumotion.com
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from the Front Line.   Sad News from the Front Line. EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 2:34 am

Hi Ish, Lorin and Brian,

Thanks for the kind words. Greatly appreciated by Kay and myself.

Perhaps one day the human race, of all nations, will realise the futility of armed conflict.
There again pigs might really learn to fly, and I don't mean Police in Helicopters !!!!!!!!

If we didn't have humor, I guess we'd all be insane by now,

Thanks Guys
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from the Front Line.   Sad News from the Front Line. EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 3:49 am

scorpio48 wrote:
Hi Ish, Lorin and Brian,

Perhaps one day the human race, of all nations, will realise the futility of armed conflict.
There again pigs might really learn to fly, and I don't mean Police in Helicopters !!!!!!!!

Thanks Guys
Pete.

Hi Pete,

I certainly hope so .... on the world ending their conflicts once and for all ...

Ishie
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from the Front Line.   Sad News from the Front Line. EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 3:55 am

Ishie wrote:
scorpio48 wrote:
Hi Ish, Lorin and Brian,

Thanks Guys
Pete.

Hi Pete,

I certainly hope so .... on the world ending their conflicts once and for all ...

Ishie

I could not agree more fellas, things really seem to be getting worse than better, sad world coming for our children, I'm afraid for them....

Regards,

Lorin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from the Front Line.   Sad News from the Front Line. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sad News from the Front Line.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Forums :: CAFE (off-topic)-
Jump to: