Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels?   Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels? EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 2:21 pm

I read lots of science fiction books .... since forever. It was a time that I read like 10 star wars novels, that took place hundreds of years before the movies ... like the Golden Age of the Sith, etc ... Those are awesome stories!!

Ishie study
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels?   Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels? EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 2:24 pm

I really like similar stuff but not a big reader, I do read model railroader, popular science and popular mechanic mags when I get the chance though!

Lorin geek
Back to top Go down
Smileyman
Admin
Admin
Smileyman

Male Number of posts : 116
Humor : Apparently :)
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels?   Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels? EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 6:15 pm

I used to read a lot of Science Fiction, but don't really have the time these days.
I do try to read any new Stephen King books that come out though (latest one is on order, but out of stock).

If you get a chance, pick up a copy of "Robot Dreams"
A collection of sci-fi stories from many top authors.

My all-time favourite has to be "Rendezvous with Rama" by the "recently late" Arthur C Clarke.
I'll never forget the first time I started reading that book.
It hooked my like no other book, and that still stands today.
He was so far ahead of his time.

Smiley.
Back to top Go down
https://firstclasstrainz.forumotion.com
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels?   Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels? EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 6:41 pm

Robot Dreams, I'll check it out, Brian, thanks!! study

Ishie
Back to top Go down
Smileyman
Admin
Admin
Smileyman

Male Number of posts : 116
Humor : Apparently :)
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels?   Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels? EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 7:44 am

I should point out that "Rendezvous with Rama" by Arthur C Clarke isn't part of the "Robot Dreams" compilation, even though my post above made it sound like it was. Smile

There's also sequels to "Rendezvous with Rama" but they'll ruin the main thrill of the first book if you read anything about them.

santa
Back to top Go down
https://firstclasstrainz.forumotion.com
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels?   Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels? EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 8:28 am

Smileyman wrote:
I should point out that "Rendezvous with Rama" by Arthur C Clarke isn't part of the "Robot Dreams" compilation, even though my post above made it sound like it was. Smile

There's also sequels to "Rendezvous with Rama" but they'll ruin the main thrill of the first book if you read anything about them.

santa

Ye,s sir ... I did understood your post ... Very Happy

BTW
Guys, if you eve fine time read Robert Doherty Area 51 series collection.... super awesome ... It's quite amazingly how he inter today's technology with the secret of Area 51 ...

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/d/robert-doherty/
Back to top Go down
Colhad
Familiar Face
Colhad

Male Number of posts : 48
Humor : I try to be humorous, but fail miserably
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels?   Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels? EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 9:58 pm

There's a couple of rail publications that I purchase and collect, Motive Power and Railway Digest. Both cover rail operations in Australia.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels?   Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels? EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 11:13 pm

Colhad wrote:
There's a couple of rail publications that I purchase and collect, Motive Power and Railway Digest. Both cover rail operations in Australia.

That's cool Col ...
I read couple myself, basically stuff I fine on the internet.... Normally when I go to the Mall I sop y the bookstore, sit and read a couple of rail magazine myself.... some of the stuff i have built in gmax comes from such magazines!!

Ishie study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels?   Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone here read books, mag, comics, novels?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Forums :: CAFE (off-topic)-
Jump to: