Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CPR Holiday Train

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 7:43 pm

Im taking my girls Dec.2, thought I'd put the link up here too!

Holiday Train Schedule

Lorin study
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 8:24 pm

Excellent Lorin!!! santa
Have fun!!!

Mine still too young to go anywhere, but I got a list!! study

Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 1:30 pm

Ishie wrote:
Excellent Lorin!!! santa
Have fun!!!

Ishie

Hi Ish, Lorin,

Ish; Talking about holidays, I remember taking my Mrs and boys to your neck of the woods.
Two weeks in Orlando and a week in Tampa. Quite a while back now though. Holiday of a lifetime.

Lorin; Hope you and your family have a terrific time.

Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 1:51 pm

scorpio48 wrote:
Ishie wrote:
Excellent Lorin!!! santa
Have fun!!!

Ishie

Hi Ish, Lorin,

Ish; Talking about holidays, I remember taking my Mrs and boys to your neck of the woods.
Two weeks in Orlando and a week in Tampa. Quite a while back now though. Holiday of a lifetime.

Lorin; Hope you and your family have a terrific time.

Cheers
Pete.

I live one hour from Orlando, and two hours from Tampa ... That ws one reason why we moved to Florida, 2 years ago .... family values are very important to me!!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 2:13 pm

I live one hour from Orlando, and two hours from Tampa ... That ws one reason why we moved to Florida, 2 years ago .... family values are very important to me!!!

Ishie[/quote]

Hi Ish,
We think exactly the same way. Some people say "You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family". If my friends turn out like my family I'll be a very happy chappie.
I recall once telling you (with a bit of humor), once it starts it don't stop. I'm glad about that, my youngest grandchild is only two, and we're the best of buddies. My house is never empty, there's always at least one member of my clan popping in, and I wouldn't change a thing.
Perhaps (If the powers that be allow it) we'll revisit Florida with the Grand-children. You might get a surprise visit lol! .
I can only wish you and your family to have the same as myself. I know that when you reach my age, you will be able to look back and be very contented with life.

Oops, I'm getting carried away Smile
All the very best friend
Cheers
Pete
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 10:14 am

Good show last night, kids had fun and money was raised for the local foodbank, CP Rail donated $3000.00. santa
CPR Holiday Train Dsc01458eg5

CPR Holiday Train Dsc01454jj9

CPR Holiday Train Dsc01438zz6

CPR Holiday Train Dsc01447aa4
All the best,

Lorin
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 11:31 am

Hi Lorin,

Thanks for sharing good buddy .... great picture of the family, you got there. santa santa cheers

And a great thing was done for the food bank ... I feel that sometime people in industrial countries forget how easy we have it ....

BTW. Hope you don't mind it but I have to say it - you and my cousin, you guys look like twins!, seriously!!! With that bear!! afro

Ishie
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 11:42 am

Ishie wrote:
BTW. Hope you don't mind it but I have to say it - you and my cousin, you guys look like twins!, seriously!!! With that bear!! afro

Ishie

LOL, Yah that's my winter time lumberjack look, maybe your cousin and me are long lost relatives! jocolor

Cheers,

Lorin
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 11:55 am

He's tall as well, as you told me you are!! Very Happy
Is it cold up there?

Cold down here in florida!

Yeah, BTE, did you finish setting the models on the table yet?

Ishie
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 1:05 pm

Ishie wrote:
Is it cold up there?

Ishie

Not too bad today, but last night was bitter cold, as for the models if your talking about the dragstrip and other items, it's on my "To do list" for today, and I'll post some screenies later.

As for the model railroad I haven't had the chance to do any further work on it the last two days but my buddy did give me a couple awesome CN coaches last night made by Walthers!

Cheers,

Lorin Smile
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 1:14 pm

lornyk5 wrote:
Ishie wrote:
Is it cold up there?

Ishie

Not too bad today, but last night was bitter cold, as for the models if your talking about the dragstrip and other items, it's on my "To do list" for today, and I'll post some screenies later.

As for the model railroad I haven't had the chance to do any further work on it the last two days but my buddy did give me a couple awesome CN coaches last night made by Walthers!

Cheers,

Lorin Smile

What I meant was your train model on your table, sitting behind you ... Have your mom began painting the frame for you yet?

Ishie
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 1:28 pm

Actually I'm waiting until I can borrow my brother-in-laws tablesaw to rip the piece to size, he's only home on weekends as he teaches college in Toronto, then I'm in business! bounce bounce

Lorin
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 1:38 pm

lornyk5 wrote:
Actually I'm waiting until I can borrow my brother-in-laws tablesaw to rip the piece to size, he's only home on weekends as he teaches college in Toronto, then I'm in business! bounce bounce

Lorin

Oh, I see .. cool!! sunny

Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 2:45 pm

Hi Lorin,
Terrific photographs, While Ish knows a double of you. I know a double of your Mrs, her name is Cathy and is the sister of a mate.
By the way. How tall are you ? Very Happy

Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 5:16 pm

scorpio48 wrote:
Hi Lorin,
Terrific photographs, While Ish knows a double of you. I know a double of your Mrs, her name is Cathy and is the sister of a mate.
By the way. How tall are you ? Very Happy

Cheers
Pete.

I'm 6'2" tall and 255 pounds, not a small lad! lol!

Cheers,

Lorin
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Canadian.   CPR Holiday Train EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 7:42 pm

Hi Lorin,
Somehow, looking at your photo of the family, you are what I imagined a typical Canadian to look like.
Saying that, the only film I seen about Canada, was on Discovery, it was the life story of a bloke who left society and lived with Grizzlies. Good program as well.
No! I tell a lie, I also followed a series about the Canadian Mounted Police and a very old musical about a mounted policeman falling for an Indian, forgot the Title but a couple of hits to come out of it was 'Indian Love Call' and 'Rosemary'.
As for myself I'm a shorty, 5 foot 5 inches, but you know what they say 'The best things come in little packages Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy '
Weather on this side of the pond has turned nasty. Freezing cold and the latest weather forecast warned of severe snow storms.
Some boffins still say we're not facing Climate Change yet lol! .
CU
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:16 am

I had a good laugh at that small package comment Laughing

It's 4am, was just outside and man it's cold and snowing, I grow a beard in the winter to keep my face warm and to catch food in incase I get hungry later and need a snack, lol

Doc just put me on morphine for my back and I wasn't able to sleep so I did some pics up for Ish, check the screenshot section when you get time Pete!

@Ish, Mom might have time to paint that back board earlier than I thought, she broke her toe today so may have some free time! Embarassed

Stay warm,

Lorin
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 6:27 am

lornyk5 wrote:

It's 4am, was just outside and man it's cold and snowing, I grow a beard in the winter to keep my face warm and to catch food in incase I get hungry later and need a snack, lol

Doc just put me on morphine for my back and I wasn't able to sleep so I did some pics up for Ish, check the screenshot section when you get time Pete!

@Ish, Mom might have time to paint that back board earlier than I thought, she broke her toe today so may have some free time! Embarassed

Stay warm,

Lorin

Sorry to heat Lorin, about your mom!!! Hope she has a fast and painless recovery!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:09 pm

lornyk5 wrote:

Stay warm,

Lorin

Hi Lorin,
Nice Pics, reminds me the film 'Grease', hopefully I was looking at the right pics 'Drag racing'.
Sorry to hear about your back, and your mum's toe. Tell her to put it in the snow, keep the swelling down Smile Smile , watch out for frost-bite though.
Last time I grew a beard I was in the Royal Navy. OK until we went on Antarctic Patrol, it snapped off Laughing Laughing .

The snow seemed to have held off, although most of the UK fell victim. Boy. I love that Gulf Stream, it comes right into Swansea Bay. Keeping us relatively warm. Suppose I ought to thank Ishie, it originates from his neck of the woods. Smile .
Wish your family the best, including your mom, or mam as we say in Wales.
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 9:30 pm

Hi guys,

Moms toe is sore but will recover, putting cold packs on it helps she says, has got terrible cold here now, time to spend more time on trainz and model railroad hobby I guess!

Weather says we are in for more snow soon up here, not great for my back as I shovel the walks but I sold my snowblower this past summer. Rolling Eyes

Good thing I have enough painkillers to put a city block to sleep! Sleep

On Topic:The kids enjoyed the Holiday train so much I'm thinking of getting a passport (If they will give me one) and visit some train museums in the US next year, we will have to see...

Later,

Lorin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CPR Holiday Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPR Holiday Train   CPR Holiday Train Empty

Back to top Go down

CPR Holiday Train
Page 1 of 1