Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
lornyk5
Ever Present

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:56 am

Hi guys,

That yard is on my 5 board layout(unnamed) I was forcing 4X anti-aliasing in that shot thru the nvidia control panel and getting about 10FPS, the dry grass is like Ish said one from Jan called (JVC-grass 102) username: jankvis.

My little yard does suffer same as yours Pete, things get better as I pull the camera back though, I always force 4XAA in trainz as it doesn't have a setting for it in game, also I use trainz tuner too, if the route allows I add more view distance!

Off to make coffee, Sleep

Lorin

PS.If I can find any suitable textures I have made for minerals, I will let you know Ish, will have to look on my drives...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:24 pm

Hi Guys,

Ishie...... I'm not sure what they're called in the States, over here they are called 'Slate Quarries', might be the same over there.
If you want; at the entrance to one of the side valleys, I could carve a quarry into one of the hills. The quarries are like large steps in a hillside, which are wide enough to take machinery, lorries Etc. Similar to an 'Open Cast Coal Mine'. The slates are used throughout industry, a good example would be the 'Roof Slates' on a building. Normally they're dark grey in colour. As I said, it might be the same on your side of the pond.

Lorin....... I've done the same, forced 4X anti-aliasing, but I use ATI. I had a big bust up with Nvidia Services many years ago, but that's another story. Trouble is, I'm not sure if Trainz recognise this setting, there seems to be very little difference. My card has the power, Its an ATI Sapphire Pro, 256 MB's. Might drop a line to ATI. Enjoy your Cuppa.

Both.......Thanks for the texture info. I might have a look around the DS directly. Haven't done that for ages, been using CMP too much Laughing .

OK. Back to the valley, from the top of those mountains I'm getting Vertigo lol! .

Catch you all later
Pete
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi Lorin,

Thanks ... let me know Very Happy

Hi Pete,

Sure, Pete... go fit ...
This is what I am going to do unless you fine something like it at the DLS .... I m going to create a post and it will serves as a marker. you will place this in any designed areas you may want me to place a coal mine, etc whatever .... Name this marker so when you install the layout, I can easily do a search and fine .... You will need to post a list here, for example:
Post mark A1 granite mineral place mine .... Searching for it, it will lead me there and I'll plug anything that you my suggest. However, you can add anything to it, so in way, we would be both adding stuff to Scorpion ruins!!

Ishie santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:06 pm

Hi Pete,

If you can, sir, can you post up a screen shot of the entire map, using trainz map or other means?

Thank you sir
Ishie santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:59 am

Ishie wrote:
Hi Pete,

If you can, sir, can you post up a screen shot of the entire map, using trainz map or other means?

Thank you sir
Ishie santa

Hi Ish,

Will do. The built-in 2D map won't zoom out enough to cover the entire route, there's a few boards missing from the North, (if I zoom out from the centre). I'll try the Vistamare map, although I am under the impression that this only shows the track. Might be wrong, I've never used it.

I will place the quarry in the centre of the map, the main valley is wider here and you will be able to construct a pretty good industry with the proper rail links. By the way; are they called quarries in the States?
When I make the quarry, I'll save the valley under another file-name, and send you a screen-shot. If you don't like it I can always revert to the original map. It will also show up on the 2D map as a dirty Grey area.

OK: One more entry here, 'New Thread' and its back to the dolls house, It should be finished by Wednesday.

Catch you all later.

Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:13 am

Hello Pete,

Quarry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarry Yes sir!!! Same here in the states.

Pete, I am very graceful and honor that we have taken this journey together!

(we have to fine a way to include Lorin as well!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy - Lorin, maybe you can make a session or even drop the route on your lap if you like so you can add your ow touch to it .... Please let us know if you like to participate)

Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lornyk5
Ever Present

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:05 am

Guys, check your inbox-->you have mail!

@Ish, I'm always glad to help my friends and am thrilled you would like me to add a small touch to this project!

@Pete, we call them Quarries too, or sometimes open pit mining in Canada!

Cheers,

Lorin
santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:30 am

Canada has the fourth largest coal reserve so soething like it could be include in Scorpion Ruins ... dedicated to Lorin .. I could use my coal mine pieces.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_in_Canada

And also, add this building as the HQ ...
RR Canadian Company Head Office
http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=67032

Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lornyk5
Ever Present

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:25 pm

Some good ideas there Ishie!

Lorin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:21 pm

santa Hi Gutz,

I know it's all premature right now, but I have already planned out a "session" idea!! As we all know the theme color of Scorpion Ruins is red. Theme, in this case, identifies an inner character. This route, theme is red. because it's a warm route with operations that assist on expanding on consumer goods. With said, I have create a set of items that are red, for example, a warehouse, and a factory. And a loco and a couple of rolling stocks. Screen shot of these items at a later day since I am still making objects one day at a time!

Ishie cherry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:52 pm

Hi Ishie, Lorin,

Glad that's cleared up 'Quarry'. Sometimes, Transatlantic English can cause quite a bit of confusion Very Happy , and, sometimes, a word that is totally innocent here is really offensive elsewhere. I once wrote to a buddy in Australia, one word (Forgot which as it was some time ago) brought about a very hostile reaction. When I explained we had a good laugh about it.
Nice Coal Mine Ish, those covered walkways/conveyors will come in very handy in other areas of Scorpion Ruins.

The photograph in the link you gave me 'Portland Stone Quarry' is just what I had in mind. A stepped quarry into the mountain. I'll do the quarry, you can add the machinery, tracks Etc. I'll work on that a little later.

Hey Lorin. Looking forward to your input Buddie, any input will be gratefully received, and I know I speak for Ishie as well.

Don't forget guys, any criticism about my end will be gladly received, its the only way to put things right, probably wont speak to you for a year or so, but it will be put right lol! .

Catch you later, its back to the valley.
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:14 pm

Hi Pete,

Yeah. I know about that language stuff too... There dozen of Spanish dialects that have different pronunciations.

Scorpion Ruins
I've thinking about the conveyor belt. I will be creating more for Scorpion ruins that will match the mines that will be at specific designated areas.

Not a problem Pete, add anything you wish, good friend, and I'll add anything else that's needed.

Criticize is the key to victory and accomplishments; But to be honest, thus far things are sharpen up great... all of the screenshots are superbly viewable!

Well, I just finished reskinning a factory with a loading dock that I just finished... from this one creation I've made 10 with different factories with 10 different texture colors ... will post screenies at a later day.

Shutting down PC, 709pm, and we're getting up early tomorrow for the long trip.

Pete, Lorin, my dearest friends, good night and sweet dreams!!
Ishie santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:15 am

Hi Guys,
Just a quick one before I return to the valley.
As suggested in a previous post, I have started laying a double track North to South.
This shot is the Northern end, where the valley gets dramatically narrower.
Still a bit of texturing to do, and track smoothing.
Catch you all later, possibly with more screen shots.

Cheers
Pete. Edit: Temporary removed screenshot.

Last edited by scorpio48 on Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lornyk5
Ever Present

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:07 pm

scorpio48 wrote:
Hi Guys,
As suggested in a previous post, I have started laying a double track North to South.

Hope you like it.

Double Track Northern End. Before entering the Portal.

Pete.

The link doesn't seem to work Pete!

Lorin

Edit:Working now! bounce Great shot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:52 am

lornyk5 wrote:
scorpio48 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hope you like it.

Double Track Northern End. Before entering the Portal.

Pete.

The link doesn't seem to work Pete!

Lorin

Edit:Working now! bounce Great shot!

Hi Pete,

Yeah, no screenshot, sir!!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:31 pm

EDIT.

Sorry: Screen shots didn't work.

Trying something else.

Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:57 pm

Hi Guys,
You have mail.
Click on photo to view, click again to enlarge.
Catch you later
Cheers
Pete
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lornyk5
Ever Present

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:12 pm

Just looked at the photos in your album, looks great Pete! bounce

Lorin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:16 pm

Hi Guys,

OK:: For the time being I'll add any new screenshots to that album and notify you when there's a few new ones available. On the plus side it will save Forum space.

I just uploaded the same screenshots to imageshack and tried to place them here. No luck. Its worked up-to-now without any problems, so I'm a bit baffled at the moment.

I'm going to do a bit more on the SR (Scorpion Ruins) and then I'll give my computer a thorough maintenance, registry, the lot. Its been a couple of months since I did that, so its needed anyway.

Ishie..... Received your PM. I think I will leave the track in. You can always remove it if you wish when you get it. I have picked the flattest route possible, keeping the gradient to a minimum. From the South end to the North end, the valley floor inclines from 370Mtrs (South) to 730Mtrs (North). I have chosen the track laying, trying to keep the Trainz gradient within 2. I was also thinking to upload it after I've placed it into 09, although, reading through Auran's Forum, there seems to be some concern about the actual delivery date. Lets hope its here by Christmas.

Try to catch you later
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lornyk5
Ever Present

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:58 pm

scorpio48 wrote:
Hi Guys,

OK:: For the time being I'll add any new screenshots to that album and notify you when there's a few new ones available. On the plus side it will save Forum space.

I just uploaded the same screenshots to imageshack and tried to place them here. No luck. Its worked up-to-now without any problems, so I'm a bit baffled at the moment.

I'm going to do a bit more on the SR (Scorpion Ruins) and then I'll give my computer a thorough maintenance, registry, the lot. Its been a couple of months since I did that, so its needed anyway.

Ishie..... Received your PM. I think I will leave the track in. You can always remove it if you wish when you get it. I have picked the flattest route possible, keeping the gradient to a minimum. From the South end to the North end, the valley floor inclines from 370Mtrs (South) to 730Mtrs (North). I have chosen the track laying, trying to keep the Trainz gradient within 2. I was also thinking to upload it after I've placed it into 09, although, reading through Auran's Forum, there seems to be some concern about the actual delivery date. Lets hope its here by Christmas.

Try to catch you later
Cheers
Pete.

Hi Guys,

I just gave my rig a maint. routine myself after Trainz and Fallout 3 went basically corrupt, I also did a fresh install of Silent Hunter 4 as I'm getting the itch to sink some Japanese shipping. Twisted Evil

I'm kinda a nut when it comes to my rig, It takes me several hours to go thru my routine. study

The album idea is fine Pete, got it bookmarked for future reference.

As for our 09 DVD guys, geez I too hope it comes in time for Christmas, I plan on starting a new project and have no intention of doing it in TS2006.

Cheers,

Lorin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:11 am

Hi Pete,

I asked because I would need to change to match Desert Route track ... it's no big deal I'll do that as you suggested ... Beside, I'll place lot of things along the way like stations and mines, etc Very Happy

It's coming out awesome ... really enjoy seeing the screen shots!! cheers

Thanks
Ishie

BTW. I've posted a few links to help clean up the PC as well, Pete ... check out the café section for those!! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi Ishie, Lorin, and any other interested person,

I've always used 'Andi06s' Track and automated junctions, I think they're terrific.
I can understand you wanting to change these, but I would recommend following the track which I laid, (for your 'main line), this way you will have a lot more 'flat terrain' to work your 'sidings' (parking/loading places for railroad wagons Etc., I think they're called 'yards' in the States). If you try a straight run, North to South, you will have a load of cuttings/embankments Etc. I ran my track 14 times before I finally got it right, with the minimum of cuttings, embankments. Although, there are a few.

Thanks for the links, but its already done, took about 3 hours. Haven't tried the photo download yet though.

Lorin...... Thanks for the compliments (on screen-shots), more to follow soon. I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible so other users who wish to upload it, can make their own adjustments and additions easily.

OK guys, I'm going to have a quick bath, get rid of all the sawdust Laughing , and then back to 'The Valley'.
Catch you later.
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:48 pm

Hello Pete,

Actually I should have mention it, but I am going to lay the track as you have set your current track.. In other words, I will lay and delete the track you used as I go along, so basically it will be the same set up.

My Dear friend, place as many tracks as you like, and then I'll fill those areas with contents. I am on the laptop and getting ready to watch a TV, but tomorrow I am going to make a marker ... this will be pyramid-shaped and 100 meters tall -- will send it to you ... Please use it to spot any designated areas you want me to look at: so, for example "Ish, I think a coal mine should go here" so use the marker, name such, etc and then I can place whatever on that spot. Also if you want to place anything on any speciic ara please go ahread. This route is both owes...

Perhpas you an drop it on Lorin lap, if he's inerested, and he can mark it with his own ideas, as I've sugested before!!

Ishie santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lornyk5
Ever Present

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:03 pm

Hi fellas,

I heard 09 is starting to ship, a few people have it, hope that's a good sign! bounce

@Pete, if you desire you can drop those files on me so I can have a look at them, just to see what I might be able to add as my contribution.

I wouldn't start anything at this point, just take a peak at it. study

If you would preffer to wait until a later date, that is Ok too buddy!

Cheers guys,

Lorin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Update.   Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:32 am

Hi All,
Glue drying time again Smile
Had a very late night, or early morning Very Happy . Didn't go to bed until 6:30 am UK time.
Anyway. The good News:::: I had a test run through Scorpion Ruins, using a UK Coal Train. Without sounding boastful, even I was impressed, and I'm my worst critic. Still a bit of texturing to do, but its almost ready to upload.
I took loads of screenshots during the run and I'll upload them to my Album later, I'll send an e-mail notification when I've done it.
The Bad News..... None to report Smile Smile .

During the test run I thought of a few location names :-

• Lake Lorin.
  • Ishie Island
  • Smileys Ice Falls
  • Pete's Pass

Later tonight, I'll be starting on the quarry, I found the perfect spot for it, and its close enough to the main line.
I've also made a very slight change to a small area created by Transdem. At one spot, when smoothing the track, it carved out a deep cutting, it didn't look right from the 'driver', so I changed it and placed a tunnel there, looks a lot better, and blends in well with the rest of the scene.

OK, Guys. I've read your forum entries, but I'm extremely pushed for time, I'll answer them ASP.
Take care
Your good friend
Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   

Back to top Go down

Scorpion Valley Thread
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next