Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpion Valley Thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 9:32 pm

Lorin Charter Plane has been contracted by the Scorpion Ruins Company for transporting personal to designated areas along the route!!

Smileyman Cargo Plane coming soon -- will be the plane on the screen shot below!

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 Lorin-1

Ishie

lol!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 9:39 pm

Scorpion Ruins Power Plant -- I did this item a long time ago and never upload! I was looking at it and it will fit our needs!! cheers

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 AURAN-1

Ishie sunny
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 7:04 am

Hi Ishie, Guys,

I feel I'm dropping behind slightly, but as soon as the dolls house is finished, I can give the valley my 100% attention.
As soon as its built, including the interior, its over to my Daughter-in-Laws mother, who is an interior designer, for decorating, furnishing Etc.

Ish Nice work buddy, I've got a feeling that this route will be up with the giants when its finished, Smile Smile
I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to creating anything, I have a saying, "If a job's not worth doing well, its not worth doing at- all". So my friends, if I seem to take a little longer, that's why,
Saying that, and looking at all the creations on this Forum, I know you all feel the same, so I'm in excellent company.
Nice looking plane, if your having an Airport, (Good Idea) let me know the size (In Base-Boards) so I can make some room for it. I'll tell you what, I'll send you a map of the route for you to study, so you will have a rough idea of what goes where when I finish the texturing.

Lorin Thanks for the compliments buddy, Hey Ish! Idea Idea, There are several minor valleys coming off the main one. Perhaps we could call one "Lorin Pass" or something similar.

Everyone I realise that this thread is getting rather long, and its going to get longer before its finished. Sorry about that. Perhaps we could delete some of the post, now redundant, and no longer needed.
In the meanwhile, I hope you enjoy.

Cheers All
Pete
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 12:12 pm

Hi guys!

@Ish, I sent you an e-mail regarding the textures, seems the cpd file is corrupt.
Also Lorin cargo service is more than proud to charter some flights for you! Laughing

Nice plane, and lovely power plant as well.

@Pete, the complements are well deserved my friend sunny

Cheers,

Lorin
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 2:02 pm

Hello Guyz

@Pete, take your time with it -- I am never in a rush!! It's a hobby ... have fun with the route, etc What I am going to do is that after working on the route I'll drop you and Lorin a link with all of the contents, so you guys can, kind of, do an early beta-test ... not really looking for escape, but looking to add ideas to it like, an industrial should go there, or this are should have something ... something along these lines!!!

Guys, download my Bulk Overhead Loader
http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_packcontents.php?AssetPackID=15305

It's not industry active! I will use these in Scorpion Ruins.

As for the airport idea, Pete, it will not take a board, sir. Since Scorpion Ruins has one of those routes that's far away from the world, Lorin's plane will land on short and dirt runways. I am going to make those using a some of my dirt textures. Maybe a small airport station, those found in small towns!!

Also, Pete, if you don't mine I like the progression of this thread. I feel that you and I have given birth to this route, and it's detailed here from the start. I say, if you don't mine, see how long the thread would before it's all over and done with. which is, in a sense, endless, because later on we need to do sessions for the route.

Lastly, I have created, using Paint shed a Loco and gondola. I used PHS7 to create the texture and pasted those on the rolling stocks. I am also going to make a tanker.

Lorin and Pete, if you guys come across any ideas to further implement into Scorpion Ruins from rolling stocks to buildings and structure just pour on this thread!!

Take care buddies
Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 9:15 am

Hi Ish / All;

Quick rundown and a few suggestions.

I would suggest the centre of the valley for your major constructions as this is the widest part, averaging 3 baseboards wide.
The Southern end is about two baseboards wide, but a lot of this is taken up by the lake, which you can fill in if you wish, these numbers are the valley itself, the surrounding mountains take up a few more baseboards.

For one of your mineral mining points, you could use one of the side valleys, and possibly have a road link to the main mining area and railroad. The side valleys are rather steep and are not suitable for a rail track. From what I can gather, active road links are highly possible with 2009, I cant check this out as my Beta version has expired, so I'm waiting for the DVD delivery.

I would also suggest you use the Southern End to link to your existing route, the valley here is a lot wider and lower than the northern end.
East and West links are impossible for a rail track, due to the mountains, of course you could always use a long tunnel here if you wish. The Northern end would be OK for a Portal, a nice termination point for the route.
Of course, these are only suggestions, the final result is entirely up to you my friend.
Catch you Later
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 1:37 pm

Hello Pete,

I'll implement any suggestions you may post to me! Basketball

If you wish, add that portal and everything else you think and feel it's needed. Also, if you like, you can add those items that I have suggested earlier that will be use in this route, like Bulk Overhead Loader. i am going to be sending you some new items I just finished: Engine and rolling stock shed. I did not posted any screen shots because these item are very basic. And I will be making Scorpion ruins billboard so you can place them near the track path. I am assuming that you have posted the track mark with Trand Dem software that yo you are using?

BTW Take a look at the screen shot forum on this forum, Pete, the oil field ..... I've posted a new Fuel Industry package for Scorpion Ruins -- the sole purpose for creating it!!! cheers

Lastly, take a screen shot of the Doll House from all 4 angles and I'll make that in Gmax so it could be seen in small towns along the way! cheers

Thank you sir for everything !!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 5:07 pm

Hi Pete,

I can make any type so if you want something let me know ...

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 Scorpionsigns

Also, we need to designated a section for Brain -- we can call it smiley man's caves' or something else ... let me know, sir!!!

Ishie santa
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi Ishie / Guys,

I have just about finished texturing the side valleys, I've put a few extra details in them like an 'Ice Falls', although they will take some locating as they're way off the main valley. We could possibly name things like this after one of the lads. eg 'Smiley Falls'

As for scenery I will leave most of that up to you, but I am thinking of running a double track North to South. In my version, a loaded train will enter a Portal on the South Side, and after a short period, it will emerge unloaded at another Portal on the North end.
When you decide which end you are going to connect your route to, you can simply remove that Portal to connect the track to yours. Alternatively, you can leave the Portal there, and add a junction making it a simple branch line. This will become more clearer, when I place the tracks and send you some screen-shots. This wont be until all the texturing is finished.

I have also made an amusing sign for the entrance to 'Scorpion Ruins' in photoshop. I was going to upload it in this post so you can do your 'magic' with it, but I forgot to load it into my Web Album Rolling Eyes . I'll try to do it a little later, if I'm not falling off my chair Sleep .

I could also make a 'Cliff Face' full of minerals. If you could construct a 'Conveyor Belt' or something similar, we could run it to a siding off the main line for loading the wagons, (rail cars, or whatever they are called in the States Smile ).

That's it for now buddy, I'll get some more screen shots uploaded soon.
Take care
Pete EDIT: Got the Sign: See below

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 Scorpion%20Ruins
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 12:06 pm

Hello Pete,

Before I forget, i you want, sir, wait until you received TRS09 and the route on that platform. This is totally up to you, and I don't mind waiting at all. don't get me wrong, I am an ego, but still willing to wait for it. I rather you do your magic and then send it over when that's done.

I've made a few conveyor belt, which sits on the DLS:
JK Conveyor Belt 0,1,2,3,4
http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_packcontents.php?AssetPackID=11098

I can always do more ... cherry

As for your sign consider it done .... I'll post it up on a billboard. Also, I'll change the background colors to other colors, if you don't mind!!

Looking forward to any screen shot!!
Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 12:46 pm

Hi Ishie,
By the time I finish the texturing, 09 should be on my computer (hopefully). I'm looking forward to the extra distance, at the moment if I drop back into the valley to take a decent screenshot, the mountains disappear, even though I have my GC filters set to max and my 06 sliders set to full. The extra draw-distance in 09 should prevent this.

I wont visit Auran until later, I just popped (just had to edit this. I put pooped, oops) over there, and the loading times is terrible, cant be my computer, other sites are OK.

Feel free with the billboard, I put it there for your magic touch.

Catch you later
Pete
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 1:07 pm

Hey Pete,

That's excellent ...

I forgot to mention earlier, that since Scorpion ruins has taken a life of it's own, I really can't be sure how I will implement into Desert Route! It will be implement, but I first need to look at Scorpion ruins, but that's for next year sometimes, so I won't burn brain cells thinking about that! bom

BTW. Not your computer ... Auran severs been late to response for a week or s now! affraid

Ishie
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 2:20 pm

Hey Pete,

Take a look at this mine ... will be in our route!

https://firstclasstrainz.forumotion.com/cafe-off-topic-f8/model-railroad-thread-t79-30.htm

Ishie cheers
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 7:16 pm

Ive been following this thread and downloading those items Ish, everything sounds fantastic so far, love the billboard design Pete bounce.

I'm proud to have a few items make it in, such as my model railroad mine and so on.

Take care fellas,

Lorin

PS. I'm going to have a peak at those mineral textures and maybe take a screenie tonight. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 4:02 am

Hi Ish, Lorin, and all,

Good looking mine guys, both reality and virtual.
I think the valley will fit into your desert route, there are a number of deserts in the world surrounded by snow capped mountains, especially in Africa, although this is based in the Italian, Swiss Alps.

For my version of the track, I will be using a couple of signals, but they will be UK signals as I'm use to using these. You can change these to whatever suits you to match your plans.

If you wish, I could also create another version of the valley, just for you Ish. It would be totally bare baseboards, and I could upload the files directly to you. I haven't tried this before but it should be possible.

At this time I would say that 75% of the basic texturing is finished, its just a case of completing the head of the valley and then enhancing the textures along various points of the route.

I was also thinking, as well as posting a few screen shots here, I will make a public photo album, on my 'on-line storage' and store extra screen-shots there. When I get around to this, I'll send you a link, so if you have a bit of spare time you can browse around.

OK guys, that latest batch of glue should be dry now, so its back to the workshop, its beginning to take shape now.

Off Topic::::::: While I was writing this I had a phone call from Martin, First one in ages. They have been on extended field maneuvers , living off field rations. Glad to report all are well, apart from feeling tired and very hungry. They managed to capture an enemy top brass.

Hope to catch you all later
Cheers
Pete
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 7:03 am

Hi Pete,

It seems that things are shaping up quite nicely, especially now that you are totally engrossed into this project that we have pushed forward with. If you want to send me a separate version, that's fine. However, I would like it to have the desert textures and any other textures you have already implement on it.

I know how it feels, sir, in that, now that the route is taken shape, it's difficult to stop, and you just want to add your own touches.

Very Happy cheers

I totally agreed, in that you should add any UK items and elements to it, and upload that as a UK Route -- I guess you could name it the same or better yet, choose another name to more reflex what you want to accomplish.

cherry

Pete, it seem that with this one map you might give us multiable versions and themes of different types of routes. Usually that's the fun part of it -- one map/route can represent many, similar to Phil's routes at the DLS.

Also, your map, which I think you should call Pete's Blank Layout or something else i you prefer, should be uploaded .... (If you made a copy before texturing) .... So, in a way, this is what you would have for the DLS:

1. Pete's Blank Route
2. Italian Slopes
3. Scorpion Ruins (Yes upload it as well under your kuids, sir - I'll download it from there!!)
4. ?????
5. ????

Thank you, sir and definitely looking forward to the screen shots, and looking at your album.

BTW. Most importantly, glad that Martin gave you a call, and that you heard his voice. Sometimes, just hearing the voice of the one' that you love, when they are so far away is rewarding along. I no time he'll be hone safe Pete, I'm sure!!! Tell him that your Internet friends wish him the best and a safe trip back home. (If it was not due to medical issues I would have been there, perhaps, 10 years ago, after college I was going to join the military as an officer)

Thank you sir again
Ishie

PS. My suggestion ... when you upload all of these routes, etc make a banner showing off your route which you can use at Auran's and here, etc etc ... then link it to all of your items at the DLS .... that's quite to do if you need assist!

PSS. I strongly suggest, sir that you should start a thread of your own here at Smileyman's an call it Pete Layouts, etc and use that to express your other ideas with your other maps, so your ideas won't get lost on this thread!!
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 2:08 pm

Hi Ishie,

For the time being I'll carry on the way we're going, I'm quite enjoying it.
The reason I asked if you wanted a blank map, is that if you wanted to create your own complete layout, including textures of your own choosing, you would be able to do so. I sorta like the joint project idea.

As a little teaser, I've included a screen shot of one of the Northern side valleys. Not quite finished, a little more texturing to do. Hopefully, when I get my copy of 2009, I'll be able to show longer screen-shots, in the one below you cant see the tops of the mountains with the snow. This is one of the few areas which has a sheer cliff face, you might be able to include it into your mining operation. I should have included some object of known size, to give you an idea of the scale, the top of the cliff face can't be seen from the rough earth path on the valley floor.
Hope you like it.
We'll have to call it the IshieScorp Project, or the ScorpIshie Project Smile . What about the Ishio Project Very Happy

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 Side%20Valley

I am keeping all the textures the default 2006 textures, just finding suitable blends. The only downloaded texture is the 'sandy' one you gave me, for the valley floor.
If you want me to add anything, before it gets to you, just let me know. I'm trying to keep it as basic as possible, so you and other users can simply add your/their own touch.
I like your suggestion about my own thread, but I'll keep that for when I get back to my own route, be a while yet though, I promised a couple of the lads here, a Transdem map, when this one is uploaded.
OK buddy, I'm going to have a quick look around here (The Forum) and then back to our route.
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 11:33 pm

Hello Pete, (Guyz)

The blank map should be upload to the DLS ... I feel that's the best route to take on that. Very Happy

I like this process ... Basketball

I've always looked forward each day to see what new touches you have added to it, and from that screen shot, you are definitely doing a great job. cheers

I like how you set up the sky. cherry

This route, although merge with my own at some time, will be a stand alone route, as I have said,. because I want to include sessions for it, etc ... In fact, with Smiley man's blessings all relevant information will be from this forum; In other words, when the time comes to make an official announcement at Auran's, a link will be provided to folks to take a sneak in depth view of the entire route from this site. We could have a basic information and screen shot at Auran's, so folks can get their feet wet. But that's long off, perhaps by next summer. etc when the sessions are all done. rendeer

Anyhow, it really looking superb, and i will not change a thing about it Pete. Whatever you add I'll keep.

Also, not sure what you meant by the Ishio Project, sir ... I'm sorry!

I might be force to add a small terminal to it ... I might have to create one in gmax right now!! study

Thank you sir -- appreciated it!!

Ishie

BTW - you got mail sir
Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 Scorpionpete
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:09 am

Hi Ish,
When I finish that little section (Screenshot) I'll send another of the same area for you to compare.
What I tend to do is, do the very basic texturing first all over the map and then add little things like turfs of grass, rocks Etc.
At the moment, I'm having trouble doing a complete 'Baseboard Fill' with a single texture, so all has to be done separately. I think its because I've overwritten the natural Transdem Georeferenced maps. I'll have to drop an e-mail to Geophil, (Roland) to see if he has a solution for this. Otherwise its a bug in 2006 which I've never noticed before, I doubt this last point though, as I've used it a lot in the past.

Oh!....... Ishio Project. Simply my weired sense of humor my friend. Its the first 3 letters of your 'username, Ish ie', and the last 2 of mine 'scorp io'.

I have a little favor to ask you my friend. When I return to my own route, after we have finished this one, probably next summer like you stated. If I send you some photographs and some measurements, I wonder if you could make a couple of buildings for me in Gmax. You'll have full recognition for them of course. Its just to speed up the process slightly. Meanwhile, when the time comes, I'll be getting on with my route and trying to get to grips with 'Blender' to take advantage of the new features in 09. If you are too busy when the time comes, don't worry, I'll completely understand. I know what its like to have a young family.

OK my friend, its nearly time to get my 'other half' out of bed, and flash up my power tools.
Catch you later
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:03 am

Hi Pete,

Send the photographs and the measures as soon as you can. I'll do that ... There's no need for you to wait at all!!! sunny

Ishie

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 Largefactorycopy
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 4:05 pm

Hi Guys,
Another side valley almost finished.
This time I've included a vehicle, (temporary) just to give you a rough idea of the scale. (Bottom, right)
This valley is slightly off the centre of the main valley.

Ishie. Thanks for the offer friend. I'll dig up the photos ASP. They're on one of my Cd's. (Unlabeled, of course Embarassed )

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 Side%20Valley2

Cheers All
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 6:12 pm

Hey Pete,

Those Desert mountains looks awesome under that fiery sky!!
I'm sure that the scenery will look nicer and shape in TR09!! Basketball

On your items, sure think, dear friend ... you are welcome!! sunny

Ishie
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 10:40 pm

A shot to show how great the minerals look in game, hope you don't mind me adding it here Very Happy
Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 Loadedmineralsvu3
Night guys,

Lorin Sleep

PS.Well done on the sign, factory and mountains, look how tiny that car is
Laughing
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 2:39 am

Hi Lorin,
Terrific screen shot, its gives a lot of satisfaction to see textures come to life, and your shot demonstrates this admirably.
Your attention to detail is outstanding, I like that dead-tree in the background, I find that simple things like that , adds a lot of character to the scene.
Simply out of curiosity, how is your frame-rate in that area. I had a similar goods yard on another layout I made, and the frame rate suffered, but that was on my old computer with only 1Gb of ram and a built in graphic card.

In my screen shot the tops of the distant mountains are missing, this is through the limitation of 06, according to the hype, 09 has corrected this, can't wait for the delivery.

One question friend, where did you get the yellow tufts of grass from and what are they called? (Sorry, that was two questions Very Happy ). They are just what I was looking for.

OK my friends, the neighbours should be out of bed now (all pensioners) so its time to start up on the power tools.
Catch you all later
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 6:32 am

Hi Lorin,

Of course, we don't mind buddie!!! Very Happy

Everything in that screen shot looks great ... I like the dead tree as Pete said... The textures really came in handle I see!!! cheers

Scorpion ruins
I am looking other mining ideas for Scorpion Ruins; Mineral Rock is a specialty so basically seeking something similar, but can't think of any ... Might look into granite, etc and smilier material like this...

Guys, if you can think of anything please let me know on this thread!! sunny

BTW. Pete, Jan made lots of desert plants on my request, just in case you get ambitions and just want add a few yourself (not require - just a suggestion, sir) Very Happy

Ishie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scorpion Valley Thread
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next