Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:05 pm

Hi Pete,

If you that error is popping up here and there visit this page:
Component Checker: Diagnose problems and reconfigure MDAC installations from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307255
However use these steps as a last result. Like you said it could be a number of things. USE THE ABOVE ONLY if it's with your computer, other then that. don't bother.

If it's with the Trandem then let's all sit back and wait when he upgrades it. I guess you can always read the texturing, but that's a time consuming process. Whatever decision you make on this sir no rush here ... Like I said this project of ours might just take a year to complete!!!

BTW. if you fine it useful download my item:
TAC 10m16km indicator
http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=131006

You can place it and tell us when we have reach 16km.... Basketball

Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi Ishie, All,
Problem sorted, it was partly error 48 and partly Transdem.
If you recall, I changed all the texture to our choosing, overwriting Transdems default texture. When I merged the two sections, it seems that Transdem tried to overwrite the texture again, where it couldn't; it simply erased them during the merge,
I thought it was only the 'merged area' that was effected and I didn't bother checking the rest until I tried to load it into 09, but it was probably there after the merge, so its nothing to do with 09 after-all.
Also, on our map, I cropped the Southern lake down a bit to save some space for working on, but now we have a lot more room, I will revert to the original size (SRTM Data), it looks neater. Also, zooming in on Google Earth, there are a few small towns around the Lake (Lake Lorin) which I excluded for the same reason (space). I will upload some screen-shots from GE to show you what I mean. There are also several small industries around the lake area which we could incorporate into our valley. If you wish.
OK, back to Transdem and Scorpion Ruins.
Catch you later
Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:45 pm

Hi Pete, Lorin,

That's relief. Pete, make sure you have a copy ready to install in case things go wrong. When I work on anything I tend to have copies everywhere. study

I've thinking in creating a large industry (generic) so it could be use for anything. When I am done I'll drop you on your lap guys, in case you would like to plug it in the area you mentioned. sunny

BTW. Have not received my copy of TR09 yet ... no worries though, just mentioning it guys! Basketball

Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:22 pm

Hi Ishie, Lorin,

This is just a passing thought.
In my home City; in the dockyard area we have a company called 'Swansea Sand & Gravel', its mostly a dredging company, Using dredging ships to take material from the sea floor. I thought, as we now have a port area, perhaps this would fit in with Ishie's mining operation and building industry.
If I can I'll get some photographs, if I can persuade the Dockyard Security & Customs People.
OK. Defenetely back to Scorpion Ruins for a while. Its now 00:20 here so I'll try to get an hour or two on it before hitting the sack.
Catch you tomorrow
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:02 pm

Hey Guys,

Check out Vulcan items .... he got a few items which we can use for that idea Pete.

Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lornyk5
Ever Present

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:42 pm

I'm loving the ideas I'm hearing guys!

Pete, a dredging company, cool idea, and there is content like Vulcans that could be used like Ish said!

Also glad to hear you found the error you were having, on a side note, no TS09 yet for me either.
I'm hoping for the fist of the week! Basketball

Lorin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:11 am

Ishie wrote:
Hi Pete,

Snipped.

BTW. if you fine it useful download my item:
TAC 10m16km indicator
http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=131006

You can place it and tell us when we have reach 16km.... Basketball

Ishie

Hi Ishie, Lorin and All.

OK guys a few statistics Smile Smile Smile .

I'm afraid the 16 Km was passed quite a while ago.
On our original map, without the new bit added on these are some of the Stats'.

The Southern Lake (Lake Lorin):::::: 9.66 Km long;; 1.87 Km at its widest point.

Scorpion Ruins. The original valley without the extension::::: 37.28 Km long. Width varies greatly from 4 Km to a few Metres.

I haven't worked out the extra bit yet as the linking pass (City to Lake Lorin) isn't a direct line of site. We have to travel North-West before turning East into our valley. There is another pass I could use, already on the map, but I haven't checked out the gradient yet.

The whole Terrain looks quite exciting, I cant wait it pass it on to you guys to explore the multitude of possibilities we could incorporate.
Catch you later
Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:55 pm

Hi Guyz,

The Marker, Pete, is design to let the driver of the loco that he has reached at least 16km of track ... that's about it.

The extension is going well ... and I am excited about it all. I know it's going be take a long time before the route is completely finish and tested, but I'm sure we are going to have fun during this long journey. The end result is making sessions for the route, so, we must think of everything that it needs before it's ever uploaded ...

Ishie Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:11 pm

Sorry Ishie,
I thought you were referring to one of the rulers that are available, the type that helps in route construction.
My misunderstanding.
I'm having a late night, toothache keeping me awake, so I'm doing a bit more to our project.
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:23 pm

scorpio48 wrote:
Sorry Ishie,
I thought you were referring to one of the rulers that are available, the type that helps in route construction.
My misunderstanding.
I'm having a late night, toothache keeping me awake, so I'm doing a bit more to our project.
Cheers
Pete.

Hey Pete,

I had a toothache myself a couple of weeks ago ... had to go to the dentist ...

Anyhow, working on my circus project right now, building stuff in gmax. this will be part of the city section.... sunny

Working on the city I think we should all get a chance to do together, meaning: create your own city, then when the route is pass on to me, I built around what you did, and then Lorin's will put his own input .. It does not matte who start building the city first -- I think the most important that we do it together, unless, we built our own city .... meaning 3 small cities?

What do you guys think about that idea?!! Basketball

3 small cities, each with an important significant ...
for example: Ish

City 1: will have an airport
City 2: will have a seaport
City 3: Focus on ground shipping.

Each city will need each other to operation .. imagine the sessions we can do here ...

Let me know yous what you think! santa

Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:50 pm

Good Idea Ishie,
I think I have the room in our current map, I was going to crop an area of about 4 baseboards, which I didn't think we'll need, but they can stay in.

I was thinking. How do other team projects work? Isn't it possible to upload a master route somewhere, which we could all work on at the same time. It would have to be secure, password protected, to prevent idiots deleting or adding unwanted items.
Up to now I have always been a loner in route building, so this is a complete new venture for me, an exciting venture I must add.
Perhaps you know how this is achieved or know of someone who does.
Anyway, just a thought. I'm going to gargle a drop of Whisky, it usually does the trick and try to get some sleep.
Catch you tomorrow
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

scorpio48 wrote:
Good Idea Ishie,
I think I have the room in our current map, I was going to crop an area of about 4 baseboards, which I didn't think we'll need, but they can stay in.

I was thinking. How do other team projects work? Isn't it possible to upload a master route somewhere, which we could all work on at the same time. It would have to be secure, password protected, to prevent idiots deleting or adding unwanted items.
Up to now I have always been a loner in route building, so this is a complete new venture for me, an exciting venture I must add.
Perhaps you know how this is achieved or know of someone who does.
Anyway, just a thought. I'm going to gargle a drop of Whisky, it usually does the trick and try to get some sleep.
Catch you tomorrow
Cheers
Pete.

Hi Pete,

Same here ... first time ever working on a route with others. I am enjoying myself, though. Every time I turned on the PC I got something to look forward to, like this route.

We can always have the route on a secure link ... I can ask Brian for this favor or fine alternative means, since Brian is very busy with real life issues.

I think the first think we need to do is lay down the track work ... If I understand you currently Pete, it sounds that this task you have already completed.

I think, thereafter, we need to experiment, as this is all new territory for me also. I know it's no way we can work on the route simultaneously because items can early overlap each other, so we must get together when that time comes, you, I and Lorin and figure out the best way to work on the route. For example. each takes a week, etc and then package it, and send it off (we can use CMP2) to downlaod any missing items... this pattern would repeat!

I know I said a week but that was for the soul purpose of this example ... each of us can take the route, work on it and then pass on ... I kow it's all preliminary talking right now, but we must decided which area will be go to each, and so many other stuff ... lol

You, know I am going to outline a few ideas in word and e-mail you guys ... give me a few days, etc ...

Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lornyk5
Ever Present

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:00 am

The ideas outlined thus far are good one's, and I agree on them all, funny how we got this thing going, I know I joined later in this project but I look forward to working on it with you both!

The idea of 3 separate small cities sounds good also, we should probably agree on a performance FPS wise that we are shooting for.

For example are we trying to make the route as friendly as possible for users with older game rigs, aim for something in the middle at a small loss in eye candy, or pull out all the stops and see how it turns out....

Just something I think we should discuss as Ts2009 allows for some improved features, plus I assume this is a Ts09 compatible only route....

Just some things to ponder,

Lorin Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Confusion.   Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:30 pm

Hi Ishie, Lorin,
I realised when reading through my post and E-mails, that I may have caused some confusion. Perhaps not, but just in-case:-
I have told you that I'm now working with larger scale maps (Image Example Below). This hasn't anything to do with our current route in 06, I'm just getting ready for when Geophil gets his update ready and I can load the extra terrain directly into 09. I can then take advantage of the new 5 Metre grid spacing provided by 09.
I will also keep our basic 06 route on my computer, or on a disk, so if another user wants an 06 version, it will be available for them. Of course the 06 version wont be as elaborate as the 09, but it will be available.

This example is a section of the map I'm referring to. Its the very tip of the Southern end of Lake Lorin. At this scale you can make out a small village hugging the shore-line. The image was from Google Earth which I later transferred to Transdem. So with the other sections I've created and transferred, its simply a case of waiting for the update from Geophil. I could load it into 06, but I would probably lose the detail required for the 5 metre grids. I don't want to take that chance. Anyway, its simply a case of waiting.

Extreme Southern Tip of Lake Lorin

I am currently working on the pass, which will link the City/s and Port Area to the rest of the Valley. This is where you come in Ishie; I will need some double track tunnels, preferably splines as some of them will have to curve. Up to now I have used Andi06's tunnels, available on the DS, but as this is a joint effort, if we could keep our own assets, it will be a lot easier.
I also have a few suggestions which require a joint decision. As you know, the origin of this project was a simple add-on to your desert route, since then its grown well beyond that.
What if I make the Southern End of the map, the added bit, into the edge of the desert, which will link into your existing Desert route. Then as we proceed North, I can gradually add more greenery and rocky landscape. This will also tie in to the Cities, Port and Airport nicely. It will also give me a chance to try out some of the new textures intended for 09. When you want to add one of your buildings, even with a sandy floor, we could always blend it in to the surrounding terrain.
Also, I notice that you are using Aurans Default Track. In 09 Auran has introduced a new default track, I will wait until you get your version to see what you think.
In short; this will be a complete 'Stand Alone' route, but will still maintain the possibility of linking to your Desert.

Lorin:::::::: Good points raised my friend.
What if we keep the original 06 version (which I will be doing anyway; see above) for users who have lower power machines. If they don't intend to upgrade, for whatever reason, then I cant see them getting 09 anyway. We could mention this on this Forum and possibly in the Routes description. We wouldn't have to load both versions to the DS, but the 06 version could be made available by 'Request Only'. I did this when I created some high-end buildings for 'Sim City', keeping the lower version back. If I recall, I only had about a dozen request for the lower version.
Meanwhile, we could concentrate on the 09 version giving it the max our computers could handle. I know for a fact that other Auran users have a much more powerful machine than mine so it shouldn't be a problem for them.
BTW: Hope your feeling better.

All:::::::: OK Guys, these are only my suggestions, put to the board, so to speak,
Catch you later
Cheers
Pete
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:07 pm

lornyk5 wrote:
The ideas outlined thus far are good one's, and I agree on them all, funny how we got this thing going, I know I joined later in this project but I look forward to working on it with you both!

The idea of 3 separate small cities sounds good also, we should probably agree on a performance FPS wise that we are shooting for.

For example are we trying to make the route as friendly as possible for users with older game rigs, aim for something in the middle at a small loss in eye candy, or pull out all the stops and see how it turns out....

Just something I think we should discuss as Ts2009 allows for some improved features, plus I assume this is a Ts09 compatible only route....

Just some things to ponder,

Lorin Basketball

Hi Lorin,

I'm on the laptop, but tomorrow I'm post my configurations from my desktop here -- that computer is a few years old - but since it's a bare bone I have upgrade ram and video cars, etc through the years. Very Happy

Desert Route has 5 cities, and the frame rate is smooth... since I used my own buildings which are very user friendly I don't encounter this frame rate issues. However, each city is like 30km apart from each other. Basketball

Also, the airport should not be near any of the city. I am thinking that one of the cities should have a large airport while the other should have 2 small version ... you guys let me know if you agreed or we stick to the general plan as I've suggested a couple posts ago.

Whatever platform you guys want this route to be on, I am on board ... you guyz let me know.

Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:22 pm

scorpio48 wrote:
Hi Ishie, Lorin,
I realised when reading through my post and E-mails, that I may have caused some confusion. Perhaps not, but just in-case:-
I have told you that I'm now working with larger scale maps (Image Example Below). This hasn't anything to do with our current route in 06, I'm just getting ready for when Geophil gets his update ready and I can load the extra terrain directly into 09. I can then take advantage of the new 5 Metre grid spacing provided by 09.
I will also keep our basic 06 route on my computer, or on a disk, so if another user wants an 06 version, it will be available for them. Of course the 06 version wont be as elaborate as the 09, but it will be available.

This example is a section of the map I'm referring to. Its the very tip of the Southern end of Lake Lorin. At this scale you can make out a small village hugging the shore-line. The image was from Google Earth which I later transferred to Transdem. So with the other sections I've created and transferred, its simply a case of waiting for the update from Geophil. I could load it into 06, but I would probably lose the detail required for the 5 metre grids. I don't want to take that chance. Anyway, its simply a case of waiting.

Extreme Southern Tip of Lake Lorin

I am currently working on the pass, which will link the City/s and Port Area to the rest of the Valley. This is where you come in Ishie; I will need some double track tunnels, preferably splines as some of them will have to curve. Up to now I have used Andi06's tunnels, available on the DS, but as this is a joint effort, if we could keep our own assets, it will be a lot easier.
I also have a few suggestions which require a joint decision. As you know, the origin of this project was a simple add-on to your desert route, since then its grown well beyond that.
What if I make the Southern End of the map, the added bit, into the edge of the desert, which will link into your existing Desert route. Then as we proceed North, I can gradually add more greenery and rocky landscape. This will also tie in to the Cities, Port and Airport nicely. It will also give me a chance to try out some of the new textures intended for 09. When you want to add one of your buildings, even with a sandy floor, we could always blend it in to the surrounding terrain.
Also, I notice that you are using Aurans Default Track. In 09 Auran has introduced a new default track, I will wait until you get your version to see what you think.
In short; this will be a complete 'Stand Alone' route, but will still maintain the possibility of linking to your Desert.

Lorin:::::::: Good points raised my friend.
What if we keep the original 06 version (which I will be doing anyway; see above) for users who have lower power machines. If they don't intend to upgrade, for whatever reason, then I cant see them getting 09 anyway. We could mention this on this Forum and possibly in the Routes description. We wouldn't have to load both versions to the DS, but the 06 version could be made available by 'Request Only'. I did this when I created some high-end buildings for 'Sim City', keeping the lower version back. If I recall, I only had about a dozen request for the lower version.
Meanwhile, we could concentrate on the 09 version giving it the max our computers could handle. I know for a fact that other Auran users have a much more powerful machine than mine so it shouldn't be a problem for them.
BTW: Hope your feeling better.

All:::::::: OK Guys, these are only my suggestions, put to the board, so to speak,
Catch you later
Cheers
Pete

Hello Pete,

I like your suggestion very Pete. I'm on board.

For now let's just put to rest my Desert Route. The height along will make the merge easier when that time comes and honestly, my dear friend, that's a couple of years off ... All my focus will be on Scorpion Ruins.

Still experiencing with the tunnel.... I can't get what I need to do.... for now, use any default tunnel. I must wait until the weekend -- wify and I are home all day so it's easier on me to concentrate on gmax and just reading on how to get the tunnel pointers. I got Auran CD art source and I will follow their steps. During the week is only me and Kyra, here until Venus gets home ... by then just tire. so this weekend I work on those tunnels...

I am willing to wait ... hopefully Geophil won't take a long time.

Ishie

BTW catch your guyz 10hrs from now ... 330pm now ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lornyk5
Ever Present

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:30 pm

Well I'm on-board for your ideas too Pete, and thanks for explaining a bit about DEM to us, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it, I have Google earth and understand the basic idea behind the program you are using but not first hand as I have not purchased it yet!

I would love to use TS2009 as the main platform for this route, as I intend to work my way into the new features and move stuff over, anyway my point is why not dive into 09 with this route and all enjoy it together as we will in a few days all have it anyway.
This is only my vote, TS2006 will always be on my machine as well.

Ish gave me a good idea, just so we know were the 3 of us sit hardware wise, I will start a post in the Cafe and would ask you to please put down your main trainz machine's specs....

Note:This is not for bragging rights, only so we know what each has in the way of specs, and others are welcome to do the same on the thread too.

Best Regards,

Lorin geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:57 pm

Hi All,
Quoting the 'A-Team'. "I just love it when a plan comes together". Just finished loading the linking pass into Transdem,
The georeferenced maps are dead on, the way the pass hugs the mountains is tremendous.
Its always a trying time for me. One wrong figure in the coordinates or a wrong click at the wrong time and its 'back to the drawing board'. Not trying to put anyone off the program, once you get into a routine, it almost becomes automatic.
Good idea about the computer specs, mine isn't top range, it was about three or four years ago Laughing Laughing , although I have updated whenever possible. Funny enough, my other computer, my older one, has more ram, but the hertz and built in graphic card are way below par, and they're not interchangeable with this one. Still, this one is now at its max, no more physical room for updates, so one day I'll have to battle my phobia with Vista.
Anyway its doing well at the moment.
Back to the route. Geophil has made an encouraging entry about the Transdem update in Aurans Forum. I might take a chance and try loading directly into 09, but according to his entry, once this is done, at the moment, its a one way trip. No editing or adding once its there, so the first time must be the only time.
OK. Having a quick look around and then its back to the route.
Doubt if I'll be on tomorrow, busy day, helping my other half prepare for the new year party.
Try to catch you later
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:06 am

lornyk5 wrote:
Well I'm on-board for your ideas too Pete, and thanks for explaining a bit about DEM to us, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it, I have Google earth and understand the basic idea behind the program you are using but not first hand as I have not purchased it yet!

I would love to use TS2009 as the main platform for this route, as I intend to work my way into the new features and move stuff over, anyway my point is why not dive into 09 with this route and all enjoy it together as we will in a few days all have it anyway.
This is only my vote, TS2006 will always be on my machine as well.

Ish gave me a good idea, just so we know were the 3 of us sit hardware wise, I will start a post in the Cafe and would ask you to please put down your main trainz machine's specs....

Note:This is not for bragging rights, only so we know what each has in the way of specs, and others are welcome to do the same on the thread too.

Best Regards,

Lorin geek

Hi Lorin, Pete,

I am on board in having Scorpion Ruins for TRS09 only guys ... Beta testing TRS09 gave me the opportunity to test it's features. I enjoy my time with it. So, I'm on board for TRS09! Very Happy

Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:11 am

scorpio48 wrote:
Hi All,
Quoting the 'A-Team'. "I just love it when a plan comes together". Just finished loading the linking pass into Transdem,
The georeferenced maps are dead on, the way the pass hugs the mountains is tremendous.
Its always a trying time for me. One wrong figure in the coordinates or a wrong click at the wrong time and its 'back to the drawing board'. Not trying to put anyone off the program, once you get into a routine, it almost becomes automatic.
Good idea about the computer specs, mine isn't top range, it was about three or four years ago Laughing Laughing , although I have updated whenever possible. Funny enough, my other computer, my older one, has more ram, but the hertz and built in graphic card are way below par, and they're not interchangeable with this one. Still, this one is now at its max, no more physical room for updates, so one day I'll have to battle my phobia with Vista.
Anyway its doing well at the moment.
Back to the route. Geophil has made an encouraging entry about the Transdem update in Aurans Forum. I might take a chance and try loading directly into 09, but according to his entry, once this is done, at the moment, its a one way trip. No editing or adding once its there, so the first time must be the only time.
OK. Having a quick look around and then its back to the route.
Doubt if I'll be on tomorrow, busy day, helping my other half prepare for the new year party.
Try to catch you later
Cheers
Pete.

Hi Pete, Lorin

As Lorin said, thanks for teaching us about Transdem. I have no idea how it works, but I have been learning jsut from reading your posts Pete. study

Enjoy your new year with your family. cheers

The new year for us will be a rewarding one for sure, now that we got this route to think about. I can't wait until we start placing items on it, etc Basketball

Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:28 am

Hi Guys,
Finished the Party Prep; earlier that expected, so I had a few hours to work on our project.
As you can see by the highlighted area of the TransDem, The Pass and the North City Area is now complete.
The very South Eastern tip is the Coastline.
The opened folder to the right is simply all the Georeference points, I meant to remove this before taking the snapshot.

The whole map shown below, would take exactly 2769 Baseboards to contain. Don't worry! I always use the full map until I have completed inputting the various Data. When its finished, I will crop it before loading it into 09. After cropping it will need about 2768 Baseboards::::: Laughing Laughing Laughing Only kidding, It will be greatly reduced.
All I have to do now is the Southern City Area and then swing South West for the Main Airport Area. I may incorporate some more Coastline for a fishing village, which is present on the actual map.
I recon two full days work, before its ready to load into 09. If I can get it right first time, we shouldn't need to edit the terrain at-all, so I may give it a try. I can always back up the data first (Which I will do). If it don't work out as expected I can always delete it from 09, and wait for Geophils update.
Hope you guys get your 09 soon.
OK; my friends, its nearly time to get myself ready for 'Party Time' jocolor king drunken .
Catch you all tomorrow. 01-01-09. Happy New Year again.
Cheers
Pete.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:56 am

Hi Pete, Lorin ...

When you get the map exactly how you want it Pete, please take a snapshot of the route, similar to the picture above. Send it to me and I'll post it up on a billboard, which we can place later when we begin adding stuff to the route.

For the airport, if you guys agreed, how about adding some swamp or similar texturing around that area, unless you guys want to go all green... !

Also, right now I got an runway, as you guys seen in my module, which is 1000meters long, which is a small standard real runway... I'll make 2000 and 3000 meters long runway, which can be found in real international airports. For the small airports, which is basically for Lorin charter plane I'll make a 500meter long, along with a small terminal station that will match Lorin airplane.

Funny that you have mentioned fish Pete, because a few weeks ago I was watching the history channel and they were talking about fishes, etc ... long story short they talked about fish farms, and I said to myself, I could do a fish farm in gmax .... We can use Vulcan ice loader into rolling stock in conjunction with my fish farm .... I can paint a rolling stock that says distribution of fish, etc ... just thinking out loud .... In fact, when Lorin takes the screen shots of his real modesl rolling stocks I'll add the words fish, or something ... maybe "Pete's Fish Mark and distrubition wholesalers" ... that will be your company Pete Very Happy ... I'll do the fish product as well, of course, to accompany the whole thing .... months later, we can make a session about the delivery of fishes .. get them there in time or they will spoil Very Happy affraid

Guyz, Smileyman has a program on how to make HTML for the sessions ... just in case if you guys want to read about it! study

Happy New year
Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:58 pm

Well, Gentlemen, I got TRS09 ... Very Happy

So, I will not install or transfer anything from previous versions, instead, the only route that I will install will be Scorpion Route. I'll download any item which the route will use as I go along. Since all of my focus will be on nourishing this route, that's all I will ever run in TRS09... I will always have TRSO6 and 04 install, however!

Ishie study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lornyk5
Ever Present

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:16 pm

Ishie wrote:
Well, Gentlemen, I got TRS09 ... Very Happy

So, I will not install or transfer anything from previous versions, instead, the only route that I will install will be Scorpion Route. I'll download any item which the route will use as I go along. Since all of my focus will be on nourishing this route, that's all I will ever run in TRS09... I will always have TRSO6 and 04 install, however!

Ishie study

Got my 09 too, had to jump thru a few hoops to get it working, now to fine tune everything! Shocked

Cheers,

Lorin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:10 pm

I am still jumping over my 50ft fence to get this going ... Very Happy Very Happy affraid

Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   

Back to top Go down

Scorpion Valley Thread
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next