Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpion Valley Thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 6:39 am

Hi Pete,

Sounds like everything is on schedule ...

One question, though .... don't you want to be wait until you get TRS09 so to test it there?

I don't mind waiting as I've stated before!

Also I've send the marker tower to your e-mail, just in case you want to use it!!

BTW. Fun part will really begin when we starte making sessions and testing out such sessions ... we might have to do some Steam loco and rolling stocks as sessions for Lorin ... Lorin, you can come up with idea .... you are part of this too, good buddy!

Thanks, sir
Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 6:04 pm

Hi Guys,

You Have Mail. Uploaded another 15 screenshots.
Use the new link in the email, I've put them in a new Album, save confusion.
Hope you enjoy.
Catch you later
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 6:49 pm

scorpio48 wrote:
Hi Guys,

You Have Mail. Uploaded another 15 screenshots.
Use the new link in the email, I've put them in a new Album, save confusion.
Hope you enjoy.
Catch you later
Cheers
Pete.

Everything looks great, love the tunnels and texturing.

Well Done Sir! cheers

Lorin
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Confused.   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 4:27 am

Hi Lorin, Ishie,

Thanks for the compliments Lorin.

I'm a little confused at the moment, probably my fault as I'm working on two projects and trying to give as much time to both as possible. Thing is, I'm enjoying both Smile .

First thing. Sorry Ishie; your file attachment wouldn't upload to my computer, after 45 minutes it was still searching for the upload. No problem, I could use a Flag to mark areas, but, to be honest, I would prefer it if you choose the various locations when you get the route. Places like the 'Quarry', will be obvious, as it will be 'built in'.
It is a reasonably large area to fill, and after the basic release, with the Quarry, Mineral Mines Etc, has been uploaded, I think it will keep growing, For example;, besides the interactive Industry, there will be room for other activities such as a Ski-Resort Etc. If the Industry was in the centre of the Vally, and there's plenty of room, then the Ski-Resort could be in the North, and would fit in naturally. It is one reason I have included the extra side valleys Etc.

This is how I see things in the future :-
When the basic Vally is complete with the texturing and main double track, I will upload it to the DS. If you wish, I will change the track to one the three of us (Ishie, Lorin and Myself) agree on, although the tunnel isn't a standard Auran Tunnel , but will link to most track types.
Then the three of us, will each keep the basic valley on our computers, and all add to it :Via Modules: Example; Ishie makes a 'Coal Mine', sends Lorin and myself the files, location and a screen shot, and Lorin and myself, place it on our Vally. Meanwhile Lorin makes a Lumber Camp and does the same, while I'm working on a village or something.
In the end, the three of us would have an identical route, we would nominate one as the 'Master Route' for uploading to the DS. The three of us taking credit for the overall release.

Good communications and screen shots would be necessary, apart from that I cant see any problem. We wouldn't need a 'Team Name' but work as three individuals working on the same project.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts, I look forward to your comments or suggestions.

OK: Individual Replies::: Smile Smile Smile

Lorin....... If the files you are asking for are the original TransDem Files, I can certainly do that for you, although I have altered some of the original map and of course all the textures. The terrain alterations would be hard to duplicate exactly, I couldn't do it exactly the same myself, unless I counted every millimeter of the changes Rolling Eyes .
If its any other files, I've lost the plot somewhere along the line, so please accept my apologies and if you could explain I'll be grateful, and try my best to get them to you.

Ishie....... I will wait until 09 arrives, and I give it a thorough workout. I didn't get much opportunity with the Beta version as I ordered rather late. Its a shame that I couldn't get the 06 valley, to you and Lorin directly, without going through the DS, we could all work on the conversion together. Of course you or someone else might know a way, if so, we could do it that way.
I think your e-mail attachment has either become corrupted during transfer, or hotmail has somehow blocked it. If its the latter, I will send you my other e-mail address via PM, and try it from there, although, I never use that address, its my default address with my ISP.

OK: Guys, its back to the 'Dolls House', running a little behind schedule, No ones fault, I forgot to allow for glue and varnish, drying time.

I think I've covered everything, try to catch you all later.
Cheers
Pete
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 6:33 am

Sorry if I got you a bit confused, I'm not in the know about this DEM stuff, I thought an in progress CDP could be packed up and sent to Ish and myself..maybe it doesn't work that way with DEM, no worries Pete.

The process you outlined in your post is Ok with me. Keep going the way you are, it's fine.

Cheers,

Lorin Basketball
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 8:11 am

scorpio48 wrote:
Hi Lorin, Ishie,

Thanks for the compliments Lorin.

I'm a little confused at the moment, probably my fault as I'm working on two projects and trying to give as much time to both as possible. Thing is, I'm enjoying both Smile .

First thing. Sorry Ishie; your file attachment wouldn't upload to my computer, after 45 minutes it was still searching for the upload. No problem, I could use a Flag to mark areas, but, to be honest, I would prefer it if you choose the various locations when you get the route. Places like the 'Quarry', will be obvious, as it will be 'built in'.
It is a reasonably large area to fill, and after the basic release, with the Quarry, Mineral Mines Etc, has been uploaded, I think it will keep growing, For example;, besides the interactive Industry, there will be room for other activities such as a Ski-Resort Etc. If the Industry was in the centre of the Vally, and there's plenty of room, then the Ski-Resort could be in the North, and would fit in naturally. It is one reason I have included the extra side valleys Etc.

This is how I see things in the future :-
When the basic Vally is complete with the texturing and main double track, I will upload it to the DS. If you wish, I will change the track to one the three of us (Ishie, Lorin and Myself) agree on, although the tunnel isn't a standard Auran Tunnel , but will link to most track types.
Then the three of us, will each keep the basic valley on our computers, and all add to it :Via Modules: Example; Ishie makes a 'Coal Mine', sends Lorin and myself the files, location and a screen shot, and Lorin and myself, place it on our Vally. Meanwhile Lorin makes a Lumber Camp and does the same, while I'm working on a village or something.
In the end, the three of us would have an identical route, we would nominate one as the 'Master Route' for uploading to the DS. The three of us taking credit for the overall release.

Good communications and screen shots would be necessary, apart from that I cant see any problem. We wouldn't need a 'Team Name' but work as three individuals working on the same project.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts, I look forward to your comments or suggestions.

OK: Individual Replies::: Smile Smile Smile

Lorin....... If the files you are asking for are the original TransDem Files, I can certainly do that for you, although I have altered some of the original map and of course all the textures. The terrain alterations would be hard to duplicate exactly, I couldn't do it exactly the same myself, unless I counted every millimeter of the changes Rolling Eyes .
If its any other files, I've lost the plot somewhere along the line, so please accept my apologies and if you could explain I'll be grateful, and try my best to get them to you.

Ishie....... I will wait until 09 arrives, and I give it a thorough workout. I didn't get much opportunity with the Beta version as I ordered rather late. Its a shame that I couldn't get the 06 valley, to you and Lorin directly, without going through the DS, we could all work on the conversion together. Of course you or someone else might know a way, if so, we could do it that way.
I think your e-mail attachment has either become corrupted during transfer, or hotmail has somehow blocked it. If its the latter, I will send you my other e-mail address via PM, and try it from there, although, I never use that address, its my default address with my ISP.

OK: Guys, its back to the 'Dolls House', running a little behind schedule, No ones fault, I forgot to allow for glue and varnish, drying time.

I think I've covered everything, try to catch you all later.
Cheers
Pete

Hi Pete, Lorin

Did you zip the file?
It should work because I have had friends from the UK send me stuff via yusendit.... weird that you are having issues with it, Pete!

If all things fell I might drop Brian a PM and ask him to load the file or cdp on the site temporally.

FOR TUNNELS, Pete, I can make any tunnel with tracks. I could space out the tracks or close them in... I am on the laptop now but when I get a chance to be in front of my computer I am going to show you guyz screen shots of my subway kit, nearly 100 pieces ... tunnels with tracks and without tracks, so in other words, Pete, if you need a tunnel with specifics let me know via PM... Actually, I am going to create a tunnel and put a scorpion sign on top of it Very Happy The tunnel will be located in the track section in Trainz.

As for your idea, Pete, how about this, if you both agreed. First, I like the two tracks idea, instead of one. We can take turns, in working in our specific sections, for example, taken into consideration down time like family, rest, everyday life, Pete you can work on a specific area or a large area, depending how you feel; Lorin can do the same as I, as well.... in other words, there's no time frame with this. If I feel I want to add an industry to a specific location, I'll do that. then I'll drop you guys a PM, asking who wants it now.... if you guys say no hen I'll continue implementing stuff. So, this process will be very reflex able.

Also, please guys, only items from the DLS... much much easier to just to fine. Plus, most importantly, folks will have all they need from the DLS.

Pete, I use yahoo .... it should get through, however, like I have said, I could ask Brian for this favor if it comes to this ... we could have a private link only for us 3 to download the route!!

Your screen shots are delightful... scenery looks awesome from all angles ... superb job Pete. I really can't wait to make sessions for it.

Do you guys know to work with HTML pages?

Ishie cheers santa
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 6:55 pm

Hi Ishie, Lorin and all.

OK my friends, seems like a Go.
I got your tunnel Ishie, I haven't seen it yet, but its loaded and committed into 06, as soon as I start it up later (06), I'll take a look. I had no trouble getting that file (tunnel) from your e-mail, so it seems OK now.
I sent Lorin an e-mail, discussing the file query, and it contained some info about uploading the Transdem files. I will send you a copy as soon as I leave this Forum.
Totally agree with you about the DS. In the route, I have kept all the textures as simple as possible, most of them are 06 default textures, the only exceptions are, the sand on the valley floor. and the Sky.
I have used Andi06's track, tunnel and automated points (Switches) simply because its what I always use. All are available on the DS. and I do prefer the animated Points (Switches) as they look a lot neater. Andi's double track also has short sections of 'link tracks' that will link to most tracks on the DS but before I upload to the both of you, we will have to decide what double track centres we intend to use, the ones in the current map are 3.5. Although, we'll have to see what 09 brings as well. Also the tunnel I used has a built in weather control. IE; If its raining, it switches off the rain while the loco is inside the tunnel.
We will also have to use right hand drive vehicles and roads, the reason for this is that Transdem places a 'World Origin' marker when it creates the terrain. As this one is in Europe, it means that the traffic will be right hand drive. So we will also have to agree on American, Canadian or European rolling stock,. UK is out due to us Brits driving on the correct side of the road Laughing Laughing (Left).
Also, in the UK, where double tracks are concerned, most rolling stock, loco's Etc, keep to the left hand track, where possible. This is important for signal placement Etc. Anyway, before I alter the current track, which is UK, we have to decide on,

• Location, (My choice USA or Canada)
  • Type of Double Track (My choice, whatever you both agree on)
  • Switches (My choice; Animated, I can fit these to any track you choose)
  • Signal System (My choice, from whatever country you choose. However for non UK systems, I will need a helpful hand in setting up the various choices, as each country has different versions, and, up to now, I've only dealt with UK signals)
  • Direction Markers (Whatever Country you choose. Left or right track).

OK my friends, as soon as I have that info, I can alter the existing track before uploading it to you.

HTLM...... I have a program somewhere on disk that will create a web page using HTLM. I'll have to dig it out, if its what you mean.

Cheers
pete
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 9:00 am

Hey Guyz,

Trip to Tampa is done ... Signed up for an apartment, so hopefully they'll get back to us this Monday, etc ... Normally they do credit and criminal background, and rent history check before you can move in ... but not a problem problem there. So tiring driving ... affraid Very Happy

Pete and Lorin, I send the e-mail before I left on Thursday. Basketball

As for making sessions guys, Smileyman has a tutorial on how to create HTML pages for such sessions. The whole idea behind this is to make creative and interesting sessions! Can't wait across that bridge.

As of yet, I have not gotten my e-mails from Auran about TRS09...Hopefully I'll get my copy since they have already shipped out!!

Ishie santa
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 7:42 pm

Hey Guyz,

@Pete, what do you think, sir, should we add a small city wit ha terminal ... if we do decided on this it must be far far far from the route, where it will sit almost at a corner, almost like a starting point.

i suggest this because we would need to add passenger enable cars for the customers!! Very Happy

If we agreed, I'll do a brand new terminal ... cherry

Ishie
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 8:36 pm

Ishie wrote:
Hey Guyz,

@Pete, what do you think, sir, should we add a small city wit ha terminal ... if we do decided on this it must be far far far from the route, where it will sit almost at a corner, almost like a starting point.

i suggest this because we would need to add passenger enable cars for the customers!! Very Happy

Ishie

A city sounds good, I do agree it should be far from the main core of the route, but for sure, lots of people like having passenger service.

Also makes for some good AI to steer clear of as goods are moved around to different locations!

Cheers,

Lorin

PS. like the first page Ish, nicely done! cherry
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 9:09 pm

lornyk5 wrote:
Ishie wrote:
Hey Guyz,

Ishie

A city sounds good, I do agree it should be far from the main core of the route, but for sure, lots of people like having passenger service.

Also makes for some good AI to steer clear of as goods are moved around to different locations!

Cheers,

Lorin

PS. like the first page Ish, nicely done! cherry

Hi Lorin, Pete

When the time comes, we are also going to create sessions using Steam Era and boxcar train and rolling stocks. An idea came to me but I'll drop that in your PM box, since it's so prematurely to discuss in detail. .... will send it to Pete, as well ... I think you might like it.

Yeah, that's what i thought... I figure I suggest having a city since the route will be completely a full scale route. I think we should add a small airport ... Nothing big as what I have. I figure we can place this near and around the city, usually airports and cities go hand and hand.

If you guys like the idea, I could make a full airport as one giant piece ... small terminal building, a hanger, an administrative building and a runway, at least 1000m long for commercial planes. From there they can take the the Lorin Chapter plane to smaller airports along the route ... etc .... Using the runaround command we can have the Lorin planes land and and take off on their own!

Ishie lol!
Back to top Go down
edetrainz
edetrainz

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 3:38 am

Ishie .... Laughing Laughing

A great work they did not fill out satisfaction . cheers

Thanks to the team along the route Scorpion Valley

Best regards

Juan Luis
EdeTrainz
Simulacion Virtual Trainz

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 Foto_trs_ini
Back to top Go down
http://www.edetrainz.com
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 7:25 pm

Thanks Juan!!!

Can't wait wait to start those Spanish sessions as well ... sunny

Ishie
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 7:27 pm

Hi Lorin and Pete,

Check the screen shot forum fora complete list of the items I have upload -- nearly 100 I think!!

Ishie santa
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: City   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 5:22 pm

Hi Guys,

Expanding into a city area, with airport Etc; would cause a few problems, which, I'm glad to say would be relatively easy to overcome, but will need a little extra time. I've listed the possible problems and the solutions below for further discussion.

Problems

• The Northern End would be out; as its too narrow and the hills/mountains too steep even for a reasonable village.
  • The Southern End is mostly occupied by the Lake.
  • The centre is reserved for the industries, mines Etc, which has the most building area.
  • The side valleys are narrow and steep, although you may be able to fit a small city there, it would look untidy.

Possible Solutions

• The lake could be filled in, or made smaller, which would accommodate a reasonable, but small city. I would have to level the surrounding cliff-faces but that wouldn't present too much of a problem.
  • This 2nd solution is more adventurous and time consuming, but I think I could do it without too many problems. Although this is new territory for me, if you guys give it the green light, I think I'm up to the challenge. As you know, in real life, the valley represents one of the main passes through the Alps, connecting Italy to the rest of Europe. Somewhere stored on my computer, are the SRTM coordinations of the Southern end of the valley. I could match these to the coordinates of a small part Northern Italy, which has plenty of room for the development of a large city and an International Airport if you wish it to develop. Actually, Rome is a little further South in actual detail. This section would automatically merge into our valley as it does in real life, as its all part of the same SRTM data. In theory this could be done without too many problems, it will also give us an extra few boards at a lower level, to work on. If I can't work it in reality, it wont harm the original valley, and we can always revert to the lake idea. All it will take is extra time, which I have plenty of (I hope LOL).

OK guys, over to you, of course if you have any other ideas I'll be glad to put them into practice.

Cheers
Pete
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 6:40 pm

Hi Pete,

I'm all for it ... no rush, as always Pete.... this is for fun, so my dear friend, have fun.

While reading your post above, it gave me a great idea.... Not sure if youhave seen my stuff but I've made skeleton skyscrapers, which are just buildings under construction. While keeping the lake intake, we can have a massive construction in that area, so here is a picture for your mine guys: either near or around the lake we can place roads and buildings under construction. We can add Vulcan under construction rail bridge .. I can make one myself for roads, etc Add Maddy25 and Vulcan construction kits, including all of my stuff.... So, from the major city and from the international airport we can have supplies shipped to the massive constriction site. I am going to ask permission to make the desert texture you used Pete into a product so we can have cranes, etc dug out holes and filled gondola's to transport the desert sands to an alternative location. I have made stocks of steel beams as static and prouct, plus the sewer kits track kits, etcanything and evething that's need to built a city (obviously all this will be a session -- may take a ten part session) to be completed.

On a side note: I'm assuming that you read the e-mail about changing the track, etc ... I could that, not a problem. It's just that track matches the desert texture nicely. It's why I suggest this!!

Also, right now, how long in km is the distance track that runs across the entire map...? Just curious!!! The longer the better I say, if you guys agreed!!

Thanks santa
Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 7:31 am

Hi Ishie, Lorin and any other interested party,
OK it seems that Scorpion Ruins is taking on a life of its own.
Further to the last couple of post, I have outlined a plan using Google Earth, as a demonstration.
The Screen shot below shows our current Vally (outlined with a white border) and the Southern Lake (Pointed in Yellow) which is our most Southern Point. (Currently)

Now, if we want to incorporate a good sized City (I'm all for it) I propose adding to our current map by using Part of Northern Italy (Outlined in Blue).
I have used the Eastern side of the map, because, if at a later date we decide to add a Port, the terrain is ready for it.
Also Ishie, the Southern end of this map will blend into your desert route a lot better than the current valley as its a lot lower, and is partly desert anyway.
With this in mind, I would like to change the valley floor texturing slightly, The new part will be the sand you have provided, also the Southern end of the valley, but as we proceed North the texture will gradually change to a rocky texture, which would be more suitable to your mining operations.
At the current time, I will have to continue in 2006, as TransDem isn't yet ready for 2009, but that don't present any problem.
I haven't worked out the Baseboards required yet, but if its excessive, we can always crop the Northern end, as this has a lot of wasted space anyway, where building would be difficult because of the terrain.
OK Guys, Before I do anything, I'll wait for your replies.
If you want to see the map and terrain for yourselves, you can enter Google Earth and search for one of the Towns shown on the screenshot IE: Rezzato, Italy. you can then 'Fly' around the area in 3D.

BTW: I managed to get my screenshots back. One of my young Grandchildren changed my settings in Photoshop, and I didn't notice until last night. I was uploading files of massive proportions.
Proposed Addition

Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 MainMap

The yellow pins are for my map referenceses if you both decide to go ahead
Looking forward to your comments
Cheers
Pete
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 9:59 am

Sounds like a great idea what you have proposed Pete, I'm all for it! bounce

Cheers,

Lorin
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 10:51 am

Hi Pete, Lorin

I was just thinking about adding a port when I saw the outline section, while I was reading, and then just after you suggested the port!! bounce ... we were thinking along the same lines!! Very Happy

Yeah, sure add the texture... Scorpion Ruins, Pete, has certainly taken a life of its' own!!

This is how I see it when it's all done ... One Major city with an international airport ... everything else will be small town and communities. Lot so mining operations in between.

Looking forward to your screen shots!!!

BTW Up to you guys, but I am willing to wait for the Transdem issue to get settle... Is that with TRS09? Or is it with the Dem program?

Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 1:23 pm

Hi Guys,
The problem is with Transdem, although Geophil is currently working on a patch so the terrain will load directly into 09. Apparently, it will load from 06 into 09, but it wont be able to take advantage of the new terrain features in 09.

OK, I've taken a few liberties and I've already downloaded the necessary SRTM data ready for the addition, and matched it to our current map. There is a narrow pass linking the City Area to the Southern end of our valley, currently it contains a road, but with very little work, the pass can be used for a double rail-track. A couple of tunnels will be necessary where the road goes over an obstacle instead of through it. Too steep for a track. Actually, on the outset it looks rather exciting, Except for one sharp bend all loco's should be able to maintain maximum speed while whizzing through the pass. The pass in the screenshot is visible as a off white area running through the green to the lake. Where this is interrupted by solid green is where we will need tunnels.
The coastal area shown is actually a very large lake, to extend it to the coastline (Mediterranean) we would need an extra dozen or so baseboards, but as we wont be able to see the other side of the lake we can improvise. Although the Med coast is an option if its what you would like.
Although the 'Merge' went perfectly, better than I expected, you cant even see the join. I did lose quite a bit of the texturing around the merging area, more of a nuisance than a problem, and can easily be re-textured.
Screen shots to follow ASP.
Catch you later
Pete.
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 1:41 pm

Wow sounds great Pete! Bonus you got a good joint between the two pieces (May have to look into this program you use someday)

Lorin

PS. Ive caught a flu bug and may not be as active for a few days, as a chest cold and my asthma don't mix well, mostly have difficulty breathing and become very weak, on a side note I'm becoming ever more exited about this route as we have decided to add a small city and maybe a port, who knows.

Catch you later,

Lorin
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 1:43 pm

Hey Pete,

Things are going on schedule...

What we are doing here, discussing is the best approach, since Scorpion Ruins will be a one time opportunity for me, meaning, it will be the map I can use for creative sessions, I suggest to you Pete, that any idea you wish to implement to expand on it I am all for it. See, when the map is done and ready for the DLS, there's no turning back. When you send the map to us, and we begin adding stuff to it we must be very specific on where things need to go, etc. so later we begin talking about sessions, etc and finally make an official announcement at Auran's, but that's months for now. For now, sir any idea you would like to see I am all for it. As you work on the map, I will be working here in Gmax.

Also, I have asked Lorin to take photos of his train stuff at home so we can add it all to the map later on!!

BTW. going to make some speed signs -- so what speed limit do you guys want it to go ... ? I got an idea for the speed signs, on how they will look like, etc -- will send screen shot of these at some other time, etc

Ishie

PS. Dear buddy, take a long rest... hot soup and orange juice, perhaps hot tea!!!! Drops us a PM or e-mail and let us know of your conditions, if you can... if not, forget about the PC and just rest... watch cartoon with your little angels!! I was watching cartoon with Kyra the other day!! santa
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 2:16 pm

Hi Ishie, Lorin

As I haven't worked out the linking gradient yet, I wont be able to provide you with speed limits for a while, but talking about speed, can I assume that our speed limits will be in KPH and not MPH. A small point but one that could easily be overlooked.
I have done a bit more work on the City area, I've kept it around the 'Coast' for now, but there is loads of room for expansion. Looking at the terrain, it looks as if the West side would be ideal for a large International Airport, it has a large expanse of open flat terrain, big enough to take JFK and London Heathrow airports, side by side if you wish Smile .

Lorin:::::: Take care Buddie, I don't know about Canada, but here in the UK there's a bad flu epidemic going around causing vomiting Etc. As for the route, we now have plenty of room to create whatever comes to mind.

OK Guys, I'm going to take a bath, and then carry on with the texturing Etc.
Screenshots by tomorrow.
Catch you later
Pete.
PS. By 'Work' on the city area I meant getting the Terrain ready.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi Pete, Lorin

I've taken the KPH and MPH into consideration ... i am working on one right now on gmax -- when it's don't I'll send you both a beta test, etc

Use the Marker Tower and name it Airport, Pete. !!!
Since I have made the airport pieces we all already in that department!!! Very Happy

On a side note: seriously, guys, they might take almost year to complete, etc which is fine by me since it'll give me something to do when I turn on the PC, etc cheers santa

Ishie
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

PostSubject: Slight Tech Hitch.   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 10:27 am

Hi Guys,

I have come across a slight problem while transferring the valley into 09. I have lost about 80% of my texturing, although the terrain is perfect.
At this time, I don't know if the problem lies with Transdem, 2009 or Error 48.
If its Transdem I'll have to wait for Geophils update, if its 09 I'll have to sort it out, if its Error 48 (Which crops up now and again) I'll have to sit back and re-think the procedure.
Get back to you on this one.
If all else fails, I can always do the texturing again directly in 09 so no real problem, just need more time.
Catch you later
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Valley Thread   Scorpion Valley Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scorpion Valley Thread
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next