Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!

Go down 
+2
Smileyman
Ishie
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! Empty
PostSubject: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 3:28 am

Hello Everyone,

Big movie buff here ... I can't go to the movies anymore due that I have an infant, but I do rent a lot from Netflix, so what have you seen and recommend these days!!?

Ish
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 5:55 pm

International trailer ...

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Looks awesome to me!!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=50463

Ish king
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 1:59 am

Watchmen, from the director 300 .... super awesome!!!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808406490/video/10658091

Ishie
lol!
Back to top Go down
Smileyman
Admin
Admin
Smileyman

Male Number of posts : 116
Humor : Apparently :)
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 3:33 am

A couple of good looking movies there Ish.

Looking forward to "The Day the Earth Stood Still".
Not sure about Keanu Reeves in the role, but better him than someone who overplays the role.

Incidentally, I couldn't see the trailer on the link you gave, so here's an alternative link to a trailer:

http://www.thedaytheearthstoodstillmovie.com/ (flash site)

Smiley.

Last edited by Smileyman on Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://firstclasstrainz.forumotion.com
Smileyman
Admin
Admin
Smileyman

PostSubject: Brazil - Directed by Terry Gilliam   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 4:22 am

Brazil

One of my all-time favourite movies, and has been for over 20 years.
Probably my #1 movie.

Jonathan Pryce is excellent in the lead role, with cameo roles by Robert DeNiro, Bob Hoskins and Michael Palin.
Nigel Planer even makes an appearance.

It's a subtle comedy set in a bleak, futuristic, not-too-distant world, where Big Brother does a lot more than just watch you.

It's not for everyone, and some of the people I've introduced to this movie have looked more puzzled than anything else by the end of the movie, but others have been eternally grateful for me not letting this masterpiece pass them by.

Just give yourself a couple of hours to sit down in peace and let yourself be transported to a world that's both dark and light; both funny and frightening; and altogether a little too real.

You can thank me later. Very Happy

"We're all in it together!" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 6:00 am

Yep I know ... it has that Woody Allen flavor!!! sunny

Ishie
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 10:50 am

Smileyman wrote:
A couple of good looking movies there Ish.

Looking forward to "The Day the Earth Stood Still".
Not sure about Keanu Reeves in the role, but better him than someone who overplays the role.

Incidentally, I couldn't see the trailer on the link you gave, so here's an alternative link to a trailer:

http://www.thedaytheearthstoodstillmovie.com/ (flash site)

Smiley.

I'm a big fan of the original ...
The only issue I have is when she asked him if he could stop it ... I am assuming she's talking about the giant robot, destroying it all... If so, then, I have mix feelings, because in the original the robot obey, totally!

About Reeves playing the role ... he looks fine in it ... not really a fan of his, though

Ishie
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 11:22 am

A quick note for parents and animation lovers, I just watched Wall-E and Kungfu Panda with the girls in the last while, they come highly recommended.

Great bit of animation, humor, and voice acting for all ages!

Cheers,

Lorin bounce
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 11:38 am

lornyk5 wrote:
A quick note for parents and animation lovers, I just watched Wall-E and Kungfu Panda with the girls in the last while, they come highly recommended.

Great bit of animation, humor, and voice acting for all ages!

Cheers,

Lorin bounce

Yep, it's in my netflix list ... Thanks Lorin!!

I have also selected Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964) ,,, I was 6 when I first saw it ... Wify thinks I am nutz but going to put it and watch it with my little girl, only 2 months old now!! santa santa santa

Ishie
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 12:40 pm

Your not nutz, your just being a loving dad, keep up the great work................ Cool

To all us guys and gals that can remember the good old classic cartoons, check out Teletoon Retro! lol!

Lorin
Back to top Go down
Smileyman
Admin
Admin
Smileyman

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 8:47 am

I've always been a fan of animation, and more so computer animation, and I collect all the Pixar/Disney and Dreamworks animations on DVD when they come out.

I haven't seen Kung Fu Panda yet (it looks good, and I'm a fan of Jack Black), but I have seen Wall-E, and it ranks up there as one of the best IMO.
Highly recommended.

And who hasn't found themselves calling out "Walll-eeeeee" in a high pitched voice from time to time. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Smiley.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 12:20 pm

lornyk5 wrote:
Your not nutz, your just being a loving dad, keep up the great work................ Cool

To all us guys and gals that can remember the good old classic cartoons, check out Teletoon Retro! lol!

Lorin

Hey Lorin,

I did that -- cool -- Man, do I get flashbacks ...

Seriously, guys, when I think about my parents, and loosing them so young at the ages of 67 and 65 due to diseases, my stomach tighten when I look at these classic cartoons... As my little girl and future babies grow up (yeah we have decided to have more, 3 the minimum), I'll them about the classic cartoons, especially around the holiday, when there was no school ... we were close!

Hope you guys understand ... i can't really put it to words!!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 7:14 pm

New Trek Trailer Hits Early!
Looks awesome -- see it before it's taken down:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=50591

Ishie
Back to top Go down
Tokkyu40
Tokkyu40

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 4:21 pm

I'll recommend 3 great holiday classics, in honor of the coming season.
1: "Miracle on 34th Street" with Edmund Gwenn and Maureen O'Hara. The very best version, hands down.
2:"How the Grinch Stole Christmas". The 1966 Chuck Jones animated classic, narrated and voiced by Boris Karloff. Sure, Jim Carrey is popular enough, but this is Boris Karloff!!
3: "We're No Angels". Humphrey Bogart, Aldo Rey and Peter Ustinov as vicious criminals breaking out of Devil's Island. It's a comedy. This one is my dad's favorite Christmas movie.

For Western adventure, I recommend "Support Your Local Sheriff" with James Garner and "September Gun" starring Robert Preston, also known for his performance in "The Music Man" and "Victor/Victoria".

If you like the old musicals, you can't beat Howard Keel. "Kiss Me Kate" is about a stage presentation of a musical version of The Taming of the Shrew, with music by Cole Porter. Any movie with tap dancing gangsters has to be on any list of quality entertainment. I also recommend "Show Boat", with music by Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein II. Keel was also good in "Kismet", with more songs you know than almost any other, including "Strangers in Paradise".

Cool Claude
Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 8:44 am

Hi All,

Just thought I'll give a little antidote to this thread.
I was watching 'Bambi' with my 5 year old granddaughter. At the end of the film I asked her what she thought, her reply amazed me, quote; "Bit stupid actually, Animals can't talk" Smile .

My all time favorite, which I've seen at least a dozen times is "Close Encounters of the third kind"

Best Animal film; 'Old Yellow', about a yellow labrador who sadly had to be shot by his owner after protecting the family from a rabid wolf attack. Cried for hours after that

Pete.
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 1:21 pm

scorpio48 wrote:
Hi All,

Just thought I'll give a little antidote to this thread.
I was watching 'Bambi' with my 5 year old granddaughter. At the end of the film I asked her what she thought, her reply amazed me, quote; "Bit stupid actually, Animals can't talk" Smile .

My all time favorite, which I've seen at least a dozen times is "Close Encounters of the third kind"

Best Animal film; 'Old Yellow', about a yellow labrador who sadly had to be shot by his owner after protecting the family from a rabid wolf attack. Cried for hours after that

Pete.

Wow, I recalled Bambi way back then ....
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 1:23 pm

the world is coming to an end .... lol!

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/11/12/trailer-premiere-roland-emmerichs-2012/

BTW he makes the best movie trailers, etc for his movie -- check it out, click above!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 3:07 pm

Wow, cool movie trailer & scary too!

I like it..... bounce

Lorin
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:54 am

lornyk5 wrote:

I like it..... bounce

Lorin

Imagine Lorin, looking out your window and seeing such a wave ...

Actually, I was watching the history channel, and they talked about how the dinosaurs became extinct .... the asteroid that impact Earth created a tide wave of 20,000 feet ,,, I felt bad for the dinosaurs that saw that wave ,,,, scary stuff!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 8:09 pm

If I saw a wave coming that big I think I would die before it hit from a heart attack affraid

Lorin
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 7:39 am

lornyk5 wrote:
If I saw a wave coming that big I think I would die before it hit from a heart attack affraid

Lorin

You read my mind because that's the first thing I'll start feeling, My heart would jsut come up through my mouth and run!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 8:49 am

JAMES CAMERON'S "AVATAR" TEASER TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGs3_1qKl34

Info on the movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/

Guys, I have been waiting to see this movie made for 10 years ... See, I read screenplays, and I am, myself seekinga screenplay career ... see what happens .... avatar is going to break records!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
lornyk5
Ever Present
lornyk5

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 9:00 am

Looks like another great movie to add to my "watch" list!

Lorin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 9:13 am

Back to top Go down
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture
scorpio48

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 3:35 pm

Ishie wrote:
lornyk5 wrote:

I like it..... bounce

Lorin

Imagine Lorin, looking out your window and seeing such a wave ...

Actually, I was watching the history channel, and they talked about how the dinosaurs became extinct .... the asteroid that impact Earth created a tide wave of 20,000 feet ,,, I felt bad for the dinosaurs that saw that wave ,,,, scary stuff!!

Ishie

Come On Ish: I thought you Florida blokes would simply grab your surf-boards Laughing

Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!   The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Movie thread - At the Movies or DVD!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next