Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

From Auran

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

From Auran Empty
PostSubject: From Auran   From Auran EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 12:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Smileyman
Admin
Admin
Smileyman

Male Number of posts : 116
Humor : Apparently :)
Registration date : 2008-07-08

From Auran Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Auran   From Auran EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 4:04 pm

I still don't share Tony's passion for the online browser.

And I wonder how many Payware authors will jump into that thread to sell their wares. Rolling Eyes

Apart from the CMP problem I'm having, which Auran could do more to help fix, I think TRS2009 is great, with many improvements, and if I buy TRS2009, I won't be allowing any part of it to connect to the Internet.

Although there may be some benefits to it, I don't buy a trainsim to browse online content, chat to people, or be constantly shown payware everytime I log on.
I can do all these things outside Trainz if I wanted to, and I think their time would have been better spent giving us true online multiplayer gaming.

I just hope that they can devote enough time to fix the CMP problem I'm having, so I can enjoy the offline features of TRS2009.

Built-in browser?.... Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://firstclasstrainz.forumotion.com
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

From Auran Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Auran   From Auran EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 5:21 pm

Hey Brian,

I must emit that I do like the in-game browser. It will give us the opportunity to see what people have done, instead of scanning through the forum. You are right about the payware community jumping on it.

I am going to quote myself -- this is what I wrote to Tony on the pre-order thread:

========================================

Having gotten a chance to beta-test TR09, I have made the decision to buy the product. Honestly, I never care for the classic series, and did not bought it. However, my time spend testing the newest version have given me an opportunity to "spin the wheel", in a matter of speaking...

I like the new design, very refreshing ... better on the eyes then the classic series.

I like how you can organize your content within the game, basically allowing the user to have CMP with you in the game.

I like track work and how it looks...

As of content, I have created over 1000 items so I can take it or leave it!

However I like the work on the baseboards...

Although I feel trainz can improve more, and perhaps in the next version they can implement more flexible features like adding a mini window with the view map in which the route creator can see the layout from an aerial shot while he/she is working on a layout in surveyor, etc and stuff like that. Still, overall, I am happy.

Also, the price is appealing as well ... but I ma not motivated by price all together...

Congrats Auran ... you have done a fine job, not perfect, but good enough for me to open my wallet, and I am sure Tony and Company would say, that's good enough!!From Auran Awave From Auran Asmile

But don't get over excited either Tony -- Trainz can go even further, and that decision does lie with you!

Multi player, mini-window for layout creators, more industrial interactive, crane trainz where the user can hop on the cab of a crane and load his/hers supplies, more interactive with products both visible and invisible ... etc etc

BTW. are we getting any first class voucher with the purchase of TR09, as we gotten with previews purchases?

Thanks for readying
Ish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

From Auran Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Auran   From Auran Empty

Back to top Go down

From Auran
Page 1 of 1