Go down 
AuthorMessage
deeelare

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: New Member(s)   Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:10 pm

Hello Trainzers,

Just entered and am excited to be here.
I was looking for a new forum like TPR and not quite as "busy" as Auran !
I am hoping this site will grow and become a meeting place, where one can ask questions, share ideas, and not expect to have their every idea/thought attacked, as is becoming more the norm at some other forums ?

My post today, is so I can basically set up my profile, hopefully I can be a member that you all will respect as time passes ?

,dave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chrisw27

Male Number of posts : 1
Humor : Varied!
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: New Member(s)   Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:45 pm

Hi All

Been a member for a few days but I hadn't got round to creating a profile or posting!

I'm not a prolific poster (more of a browser!) but some of you may know me from UKTrainz forum or Auran forum.

I liked the sound of this site so here I am.

Good luck., hope the site is succesful

chrisw27 Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: New Member(s)   Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:22 pm

]Hello Gentlemen,

I welcome you to our forum. Although it belongs to Smiley man, aka Brian, he has opened the forum for us all to share creative ideas, trainz talk, and just have overall fun stuff with the world of trainz.

I know Brian since 2001, way back then when Trainz first came into the scene. Smiley man is the creator of the great program called “StopGap”, an innovative program that guides you step-by-step in creating a scenario/session for your route. I know I sound like Smielyman’s PR Man, but the reasons I am praising the guy is because he’s just a great person. I’m sure in a few days you will see this for yourself.

Anyhow, looking forward to discussing trainz stuff with you guys!!

Cheers,
Ishie[/size]

study lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deeelare

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: New Member(s)   Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:02 pm

Ishie,

I am a great fan of Smileyman, created my first 'old school scenarios' using StopGap and StopGap2 !
They were both remarkable free utilities, he had to invest months and months of time and testing for just the love of the scenario . I was sorry to see the introduction of '04 ,( or was it '06) , and Smileyman not creating a StopGap3. But I do respect his choice , whatever his reasons ?

PS - Smileyman, maybe a StopGap9 for what's coming, long live the scenario !!!

With respect ---,dave (TPR-SCS2006Pro Beta Tester)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: New Member(s)   Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:46 am

deeelare wrote:
Ishie,

I am a great fan of Smileyman, created my first 'old school scenarios' using StopGap and StopGap2 !
They were both remarkable free utilities, he had to invest months and months of time and testing for just the love of the scenario . I was sorry to see the introduction of '04 ,( or was it '06) , and Smileyman not creating a StopGap3. But I do respect his choice , whatever his reasons ?

PS - Smileyman, maybe a StopGap9 for what's coming, long live the scenario !!!

With respect ---,dave (TPR-SCS2006Pro Beta Tester)

Hello Dave,

Excellent ... StopGap was the first of it's kind... I also gave it a spin or two in those early days! Very Happy

I think Smileyman has something in the vault happening for the future of scenarios/sessions .... king

I would guess he's waiting like the rest of us how TR09 is going to function. I am excited to sell Auran given us a new simulation .... let's all hope the hype is NOT just hype!!

lol!

Cheers,
Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smileyman
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 116
Humor : Apparently :)
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: New Member(s)   Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:13 am

Hi Dave and Chris.
Good to see you both here.

Ah, StopGap.
That seems like an age ago now.

I was/am a beta tester for SCS/SCS2/Pro too, but to be honest I never had the time to test it enough to deserve that title.
But I could rest in the knowledge that Mike had plenty of people who were testing it thoroughly.

I would love to write another StopGap program, as my current 3 programming projects are all games, and I'd like to get my teeth into something more serious, but my reasons for not going ahead and doing it are the same as they were when I stopped writing StopGap, and that's because I was fed up with Auran's attitude towards true Scenarios, and the fact that they seem to purposely move the goalposts as much as possible with every new version.

I suspect that Mike has the same thoughts, which is why the SCS project seems to have stalled for the moment, and I can't blame him.

What I am looking at is a system of using Rules to limit the player like a scenario does, as well as controlling all the junctions, etc.
Obviously this takes a while to set up in-game, but then any good scenario should take time to craft. bounce

There may be rules/driver commands that aren't available to do certain Scenario things, but I intend to write these myself to fill the gap.

Another good thing about using rules is that, more likely than not, a Session Scenario will be able to be used with all versions of Trainz from TRS2004 upwards, so no-one misses out.

I think Auran made a big mistake dropping Scenarios for Sessions, when both could have lived alongside each other quite easily.
Typical committee thinking, assuming a small group of people know what's best for hundreds of thousands of people, without asking or without listening.

That aside, let's try and make Trainz fun again. Razz

Smiley.

P.S. Love the Avatar. I could go for a cool Duff about now. Very Happy

Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: New Member(s)   Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:57 am

Smileyman wrote:
Hi Dave and Chris.
Good to see you both here.

Ah, StopGap.
That seems like an age ago now.

I would love to write another StopGap program, as my current 3 programming projects are all games, and I'd like to get my teeth into something more serious, but my reasons for not going ahead and doing it are the same as they were when I stopped writing StopGap, and that's because I was fed up with Auran's attitude towards true Scenarios, and the fact that they seem to purposely move the goalposts as much as possible with every new version.

Very Happy

Hey B.

As for myself I would like to see a new Stopgap. If you do, however, in the future decide that a new Stopgap is feasible, in terms, in that it could work will TR09 well, then go for it and please let us, so that we can present some ideas to you as well!!

Brian, if you are into making rules please let me know ... these are a few innovative ones I got in mind, which you can place on a wish list for future use.

Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kc2rxo
Team Member
Team Member

Male Number of posts : 65
Humor : Always drive in reverse and you will never have a head on collision!
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: New Member(s)   Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:12 pm

Been here since the start...I think Razz

I cant seem to edit any of my info except Sig and avatar....

Cheers,
Adam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: New Member(s)   Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:43 pm

kc2rxo wrote:
Been here since the start...I think Razz

I cant seem to edit any of my info except Sig and avatar....

Cheers,
Adam

Welcome aboard .... Very Happy

Brian will certainly assist you with any issues you may have with your profile, etc! santa

Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
class143
Team Member
Team Member

Male Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: New Member(s)   Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:32 pm

Welcome on board Adam Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smileyman
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 116
Humor : Apparently :)
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: New Member(s)   Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:09 pm

Welcome Adam.

I can't see anything wrong with your profile, so as long as hit the save button, it should save your changes.

Have another go, and let me know if you have any trouble.

Brian.

PostSubject: Re: New Member(s)   

Back to top Go down

New Member(s)
Page 1 of 1