Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DEM terrain?!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

DEM terrain?! Empty
PostSubject: DEM terrain?!   DEM terrain?! EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 7:17 am

Hi Brian,

I thought just occurred to me, maybe because I don't know how to use DEM Data and tools. Perhaps, you should include as a progress note, how you made your route terrain and throw some steps/guides on how to use DEM data, using google-earth ....

Just a thought my dear friend!

lol!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
Smileyman
Admin
Admin
Smileyman

Male Number of posts : 116
Humor : Apparently :)
Registration date : 2008-07-08

DEM terrain?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEM terrain?!   DEM terrain?! EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 11:33 am

Yeah, that's not a bad idea Ish.

The post I made over at the Auran forums goes into quite a bit of detail, so I could use that as a starting point.

I'll wait for a month or so, in case anything else shows up that might be of interest in using my methods.
I found a discrepancy between Google Earth and the Planning Portal yesterday, so that will be worth mentioning too.

The tutorials that come with TransDem are very detailed, but sometimes not very user friendly.

Nice idea Ish.
Now stop finding more work for me to do. bounce lol!

Brian.
Back to top Go down
https://firstclasstrainz.forumotion.com
class143
Team Member
Team Member
class143

Male Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-08-19

DEM terrain?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEM terrain?!   DEM terrain?! EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 4:36 pm

I would like a guide on DEM Data Smile One of the reasons I stopped making the Rhymney valley line was because I had no DEM Data, I know Transdem is said to be easy but I don't want to spend something I can't and won't use (wish I thought that before on a number of things Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

DEM terrain?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEM terrain?!   DEM terrain?! EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 5:43 am

Smileyman wrote:
Yeah, that's not a bad idea Ish.

The post I made over at the Auran forums goes into quite a bit of detail, so I could use that as a starting point.

I'll wait for a month or so, in case anything else shows up that might be of interest in using my methods.
I found a discrepancy between Google Earth and the Planning Portal yesterday, so that will be worth mentioning too.

The tutorials that come with TransDem are very detailed, but sometimes not very user friendly.

Nice idea Ish.
Now stop finding more work for me to do. bounce lol!

Brian.

Hi Brian,

I know ... I'm filling your plate up to much!!! lol!

A nice illustration of how to use the data as your route progressed would be great readying .... I feel people will enjoy both the details of your route and how you use the TransDem data to give birth to your route.

Also, do you have any plans in upgrading your Stop Gap program? Or have it reached it's limitations?

Lastly, I have no idea what your motivation behind your route is, however, if you allowed me I'll post my 2 cents suggestion!

I think you should create this one route and use it, thereafter, for scenarios / sessions. Allow this route to become the focus-point of your entire trainz experience, similar to what Brian and Larry did with the Razorback Route, and what I am doing with my own Desert Rail Industries. Also, when you are finish I can sketch out some sessions as well, with html etc.

I am not sure how you feel about all this but I have no time limit here, so my dear friend we can take years as long as you feel motivated to do so... either way, I will always be here! Very Happy

Cheers
Ishie
Back to top Go down
Smileyman
Admin
Admin
Smileyman

Male Number of posts : 116
Humor : Apparently :)
Registration date : 2008-07-08

DEM terrain?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEM terrain?!   DEM terrain?! EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 6:45 am

Ishie wrote:
.....and use it, thereafter, for scenarios / sessions. Allow this route to become the focus-point of your entire trainz experience, similar to what Brian and Larry did with the Razorback Route.[/size]
That's exactly the reason I started this route Ish, and the reason I mentioned the Session Scenario Technique the other day.

Except all scenarios will be available free, and without having to register first (ahem) lol!

Don't forget this is the public area of the forum Ish.
We don't want to be giving away all our secrets. bounce

cheers

Jamie, I know what you mean about spending money on something, and then wishing you'd thought a bit longer about it (TC3, lol).

I think I'll do a series of Blogs on it, highlighting the problems I had, and how I got around them.

geek
Back to top Go down
https://firstclasstrainz.forumotion.com
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member
Ishie

DEM terrain?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEM terrain?!   DEM terrain?! EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 10:51 am

Smileyman wrote:
Ishie wrote:
.....and use it, thereafter, for scenarios / sessions. Allow this route to become the focus-point of your entire trainz experience, similar to what Brian and Larry did with the Razorback Route.[/size]
That's exactly the reason I started this route Ish, and the reason I mentioned the Session Scenario Technique the other day.

Except all scenarios will be available free, and without having to register first (ahem) lol!

Don't forget this is the public area of the forum Ish.
We don't want to be giving away all our secrets. bounce

cheers

Jamie, I know what you mean about spending money on something, and then wishing you'd thought a bit longer about it (TC3, lol).

I think I'll do a series of Blogs on it, highlighting the problems I had, and how I got around them.

geek

Hi Brian,

Indeed … we need to keep a few things in the vault until the right time to express them in the public eye… lol!

On the session scenario technique now that would be nice to read more, but I’ll sit back and wait until then!!! Very Happy

On spending money, I never bought the TC series in that I have always felt that it’s Auran milking the cow to death. However, I am excited about TRS09!

Cheer guys!!
Ishie.
Back to top Go down
class143
Team Member
Team Member
class143

Male Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-08-19

DEM terrain?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEM terrain?!   DEM terrain?! EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 1:10 pm

Smileyman wrote:

... Jamie, I know what you mean about spending money on something, and then wishing you'd thought a bit longer about it ...

I don't really think about anything before buying, if I see it, I want it lol! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DEM terrain?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEM terrain?!   DEM terrain?! Empty

Back to top Go down

DEM terrain?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: