HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Seeking photos of vehicles for modelling purposes....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Colhad
Familiar Face

Male Number of posts : 48
Humor : I try to be humorous, but fail miserably
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Seeking photos of vehicles for modelling purposes....   Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:54 am

Hi folks

I'm here to ask a big favour of everyone on First Class Trainz.

I've begun modelling vehicles in Gmax, trucks, cars to start with but I am interested in modelling buses, vans, and other road vehicles.

I'm basically asking for photographs of any vehicles you may have, or maybe you can just supply photos. The angle of the photos is important as it makes it much easier to create the texture maps. I need the photos to be directly in line with the front, sides, rear and if possible the top/roof. If anyone is able to help out, it would be terrific.

Anyone who contributes will be credited in the final released version to the DLS.

I've made some Australian vehicles, here is a pic.

Thanks folks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Seeking photos of vehicles for modelling purposes....   Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:33 am

Hi Colhad,
I haven't got any photos as such, but if I come across some while browsing the Web I'll copy and paste them here for you.
Are you looking for a particular Country or will any do.
Nice looking car fleet
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Seeking photos of vehicles for modelling purposes....   Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:32 pm

Hi Col,

Are you asking for real photos of our cars, or ????

Forgive me, please, I'm a bit confuse!

Also, I was about ask you permission to reskin your trucks .... I fell overly joy for them!!!!

Ishie lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lornyk5
Ever Present

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Seeking photos of vehicles for modelling purposes....   Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:31 pm

Great cars Colhad, if your looking for pics of real cars I can take some good one's of my 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT and a few others possibly, let me know...

Cheers,

Lorin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colhad
Familiar Face

PostSubject: Re: Seeking photos of vehicles for modelling purposes....   Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:38 pm

scorpio48 wrote:
Hi Colhad,
I haven't got any photos as such, but if I come across some while browsing the Web I'll copy and paste them here for you.
Nice looking car fleet
Cheers
Pete.

Be careful getting any off websites, there are copyright issues to consider. This is why I ask people for photos as they are giving me permission to use them. I feel much safer using those.

Real photos of any car Ishie, it can be yours or anyone's. Feel free tp resking my trucks, they probably aren't the easiest things to skin due to the way I mapped the textures.

Lornyk5, that'd be great, if you can do that I'll be very grateful. Thankyou. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lornyk5
Ever Present

PostSubject: Re: Seeking photos of vehicles for modelling purposes....   Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:45 pm

Colhad wrote:
scorpio48 wrote:
Hi Colhad,
Nice looking car fleet
Cheers
Pete.

Be careful getting any off websites, there are copyright issues to consider. This is why I ask people for photos as they are giving me permission to use them. I feel much safer using those.

Real photos of any car Ishie, it can be yours or anyone's. Feel free tp resking my trucks, they probably aren't the easiest things to skin due to the way I mapped the textures.

Lornyk5, that'd be great, if you can do that I'll be very grateful. Thankyou. Very Happy

Consider it done lol!

Lorin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Seeking photos of vehicles for modelling purposes....   Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:47 pm

Colhad wrote:
scorpio48 wrote:
Hi Colhad,
Nice looking car fleet
Cheers
Pete.

Hi Col,

Excellent ... during the week I'll take screen shots of my car ... I guess you can always make multi of them just by changing the color. My car is black. I'll drop you a PM at Auran with a link to your thread here when I post the photos so you won't need to chech constantly. cheers

Thanks for the reskin permission ... I'll try my best ... I know what you mean about the texturing. Here, too, I use multi texturing instead of using one giant piece -- very time consuming if anyone wishes to reskin my items ... Basketball

BTW Merry Christmas to you and your family!!! santa santa santa

Thanks again
Ishie

PS Also, asking permission to turn your vehicles into visible products, of course, unless you do yourself, sir! I've made 3 car factories, engine factory and products for car industries ... it's why I asked to make them into product, Col! Very Happy Thank you for reading!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colhad
Familiar Face

PostSubject: Re: Seeking photos of vehicles for modelling purposes....   Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:30 pm

Ishie wrote:
Colhad wrote:
scorpio48 wrote:
Hi Colhad,
Nice looking car fleet
Cheers
Pete.

Hi Col,

Excellent ... during the week I'll take screen shots of my car ... I guess you can always make multi of them just by changing the color. My car is black. I'll drop you a PM at Auran with a link to your thread here when I post the photos so you won't need to chech constantly. cheers

Thanks for the reskin permission ... I'll try my best ... I know what you mean about the texturing. Here, too, I use multi texturing instead of using one giant piece -- very time consuming if anyone wishes to reskin my items ... Basketball

BTW Merry Christmas to you and your family!!! santa santa santa

Thanks again
Ishie

PS Also, asking permission to turn your vehicles into visible products, of course, unless you do yourself, sir! I've made 3 car factories, engine factory and products for car industries ... it's why I asked to make them into product, Col! Very Happy Thank you for reading!!

You can use my vehicles as a product Ishie, sure thing. I'll be uploading my Commodores when Auran return in the New Year, so you will have to wait a few weeks for them.

Feel free to use them Ishie. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Seeking photos of vehicles for modelling purposes....   Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:18 pm

Thanks Col ....

I might have to do a Used Car buildings with an empty lot to place your cars!!!

Ishie Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colhad
Familiar Face

PostSubject: Re: Seeking photos of vehicles for modelling purposes....   Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:49 am

lornyk5 wrote:
Colhad wrote:
scorpio48 wrote:
Hi Colhad,
Nice looking car fleet
Cheers
Pete.

Consider it done lol!

Lorin

Your a champion Lorin, thankyou.

My email is in my profile I think, otherwise you can just PM me with the pics Lorin.

Thanks Lorin. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lornyk5
Ever Present

PostSubject: Re: Seeking photos of vehicles for modelling purposes....   Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi Colhad,

You have a PM, I have 2 cars and 1 truck in a RAR file ready to send you, just PM me your e-mail addy. Basketball

Regards,

Lorin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Seeking photos of vehicles for modelling purposes....   Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:03 pm

Hi Colhad
The type of on-line photographs I was referring to, was the ones brought out by manufacturers when they produce a new model (Posters), some of these show the vehicle from all angles. If these infringed any copyright then I suppose anyone producing a model of a Volvo, Jaguar or even a Loco would be in trouble Very Happy .

As an alternative, have you thought of purchasing some die-cast scale models, the type my grand-children play with. Some of these are authentic models of the real thing. You could place them on a table and photograph them from any angle you desire, including the bottom, as some models even re-produce the exhaust Etc. You can pick these up for a few pence at a car-boot, garage sale or even from the likes of E-bay. You can also get buses, trucks, security vehicles Etc; which can be difficult to photograph, especially if you have a large 12 wheeler.

Just a couple of thoughts to help you out.
Cheers
Pete
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeking photos of vehicles for modelling purposes....   

Back to top Go down

Seeking photos of vehicles for modelling purposes....
Page 1 of 1