HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Working in this forum and other trainz site!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

Male Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Working in this forum and other trainz site!   Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:33 am

Hello Guyz,

Although this my main terminal web forum (Smileyman Terminal HQ), I do like to spread myself around. I've worked with Albert and the IBER community countless of times before. With Wiley4 forums as well, TPR's on a couple of items, and now working on a side project with Col Hogan at the Carson Car Shop forum.

When people work together like this, as I have experience in my 7 years with trainz, away from Auran forums, you make better relationship with people. They get to know you and you get to know them. It becomes a learning experience at both end of the streets.

This is what's great about coming here to Smiley's. I'm not his campaigner manager, but I would like to say about Smiley that he's a very smart cookie. He's like a teacher, and I have learned a few things from him during these years. That's what make this forum fun and enjoyable, in having such a personality behind it.

Unlike Auran, which is now invaded by the early and mi teenage and crazies, I prefer the quite and the one-one-one approach which this forum allows us to have.

Thanks for reading!!
Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Working in this forum and other trainz site!   Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:48 am

Totally agree Ish,
I too like the one-to-one style, its sorta like a 'On-Line conference centre'.

My congratulations to Smiley, Its a well thought out Forum and very user-friendly.
Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less from him, after-all, he is a Welsh Man and fellow Countryman. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing .
Hope he's a rugby follower, I'll have to ask him. Smile Smile .

Hey Ish. Just thought of a problem with this Forum; since I registered here, I've sorta been neglecting the others.
Including one where I'm a moderator. Still, I did tell them I'll be taking some time out.
Catch you later
Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
class143
Team Member
Team Member

Male Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Working in this forum and other trainz site!   Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:31 am

Ishie wrote:

... (Post Cut) Unlike Auran, which is now invaded by the early and mi teenage and crazies, I prefer the quite and the one-one-one approach which this forum allows us to have.

Thanks for reading!!
Ishie

I agree with that, even though I'm only 13, I don't log onto or post on Auran that much anymore. Some people on there now are complete idiots. Like recently that kid called prettib0y or something like that went around calling people retards, annoying people, calling moderations (boco) retards and then when people took action against him he called them all racist Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ( I save a lot of stupid conversations if I'm bored!) . There is also a number of banned users on Auran coming back under diffrent names like the example above. I don't have much time for Trainz now and next month I got to choose GCSE options. I only have small amounts of time for Trainz now, and I want my routes to be the highest quality they can. I only joined this time as a reasearcher for Brian and he offered me route building so I said yes (I only sent him 1 file so far! Embarassed )

Jamie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zatovisualworks

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Working in this forum and other trainz site!   Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:47 pm

Hi Ishie and you all well-known dear trainzy friends,

This incident today --> http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=34248 with one of my humble assets makes me think that something is not going right of late.

A young 20-odd-year-old guy publishes a very talented route which includes this asset. This guy is an ex-ibertrainzer who quitted due to differences of opinion, with me and the IBerTrainZ staff. At the very moment of quitting started telling urbi et orbe that IBerTrainZ stuff (mine is IBTZ's too, of course) was rubbish.

Why on earth should he be using one of my assets if they are rubbish? When asked for info about this asset (a very humble ground texture one), he just said "IBTZ" knowing the whereabouts very well. That's what I call after-teenage incoherence and bad-willingness.

BTW, the route is really great -to be fair- but this childish attitude is nasty, indeed.

Yes, sometimes you better stay away from the core of Auran Trainz Forum ambiguity. A quieter place tastes better like this or IBerTrainZ.

The Smileying side of Alberte Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ibertrainz.eu
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Working in this forum and other trainz site!   Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Hi Alberte,

As i told you my dear friend, Auran forum is not what it use to be. Back in the beginning you could have easily find the adult and the grandfather types, but now the majority of folks who hang out at Auran's are in their teens. They want to be rebels and loose, and out of control. You have seen it, as well, all of the negative posts, etc. It's just ridiculous.

For myself, i hang out here with Pete and Lorin. Sometimes Adam and Jamie, teens in theirs prospective rights, stop by and say hi. At least they know how to behave unlike the vass majority of teenagers at Auran's.

Wiley is sick, and have lost all interest. Many of the old times have gone as well. What can we do?

Pete and I are working on this route, which it seems it's turning out be a god send because we are having fun with it. Lorin is one OF the best conversational guy one can speak to. Him and chat when we fine the time, which is very often.

I stop by your great community, and try my best communicate, although my Spanish writing skills suck, me being Hispanic.

Lately, 3rd party forums seems to be the place to be!! I am very grateful that Smileyman has this forum, up and operating for us lonely folks to fine a place to land and built our community!

my 2 cents ...
thank you sir for stopping by!!
Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scorpio48
Part of the Furniture

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Working in this forum and other trainz site!   Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:35 pm

Hi Alberte,

The only advice I can give you is simply ignore them. Unfortunately, that type gets into all walks of life.
There are more bad manners, selfishness, and downright disruption on Auran's forum at the moment, I'm getting tired of it.
Hopefully the trend will pass.
Anyway, when someone complains about something that's completely free, it simply isn't worth discussing. The only person who gets a kick out of it is the ungrateful idiot mentioned.
Welcome to a decent forum,
Cheers
Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lornyk5
Ever Present

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Working in this forum and other trainz site!   Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:25 pm

Welcome Alberte! sunny

After reading thru this thread I can only hope Auran's forums don't become any worse, I too grow tired of impatient people and forum hijackers!

Lately between the silly posts and slow servers I rarely post there anymore.

Regards,

Lorin Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zatovisualworks

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Working in this forum and other trainz site!   Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:48 am

Thanks, guys.

See how things are going on...

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showpost.php?p=372961&postcount=22

That's what I call being a real a**hole hooligan!

Just for the sake of helping Auran to localize the Spanish strings for TS2009!!!!!!!

That's nasty, indeed!

The rethinking side of Alberte Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ibertrainz.eu
Ishie
Team Member
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Working in this forum and other trainz site!   Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:33 am

Hi Albert,

Like I said dear friend of many years, The Forum will have it's bad apples ....I know your feelings, howevem, you are pissed off after you have helped that dude in the pass .. you feel betrayed ... believe me, I've been there,,, there's a few on the forum that I have helped out and have not even bother to say a thank you, etc .... I just left it alone and moved on ... that's all we can really do!!

Ishie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Working in this forum and other trainz site!   

Back to top Go down

Working in this forum and other trainz site!
Page 1 of 1